PC constantly shutting down when having high CPU usage

Sep 1, 2018
I bought a cheap gaming pc from ebay 3-4 years back and had little Computer knowledge and couldnt get it running right, but recently took it in to get looked at and now its ruuning right.
iv bought a new graphics card for it and have been playing pretty basic games, it runs really loud when its running games and shuts down alot.
iv downloaded AIDA64 Extreme and tried running tests but when its about 2 minutes into the test and the CPU is running at 100% the whole system runs really loud and then just cuts out and im forced to switch the main power off and back on and start again.
The maximum temperature AIDA64 records is 59C

PC specs:
Window 10 64bit
CPU Type: QuadCore AMD A10-7870K, 3900 MHz (39 x 100)
Motherboard Name: ASRock FM2A88X+ Killer
Motherboard Chipset: AMD A88X, AMD K15.3
RAM: 2xCorsair Vengeance 4GB, G Skill Value 8GB
GPU: Radeon RX 560 4GB

Solution
Sounds like it is overheating if it is getting really loud then cuts out. Try using CORE TEMP to read the temps when on high load as some programs don't always read temps correctly.
You could try changing the thermal paste between the CPU and the cooler and seeing if that helps

Alan11985

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2016
Sounds like it is overheating if it is getting really loud then cuts out. Try using CORE TEMP to read the temps when on high load as some programs don't always read temps correctly.
You could try changing the thermal paste between the CPU and the cooler and seeing if that helps

Solution
Sep 1, 2018
Iv replaced the thermal paste and gave my whole system a blow out with compressed air. I just ran core temp and AIDA64 together for 10 minutes without it crashing my computer for the first time and these are the results

Sep 1, 2018
2rqeq93.png

Alan11985

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2016

There is no easy way to check the thermal paste without taking it apart. If core temp shows it getting too hot then that will be what is wrong

TRENDING THREADS