[SOLVED] PC constantly turning on/off, failing to display.

Feb 10, 2019
https://streamable.com/uoq17

Last night I booted up Apex Legends, went downstairs to get a drink. When I came back up, my PC was froze on the title screen of Apex Legends. My mouse cursor was frozen, alt-tab, Ctrl-alt-delete did nothing. I held down the power button to manually power down my PC, and when it booted back up it turns back off after a second or two, then turns itself back on, and the cycle continues.

So far I have tried reseating my ram, clearing bios by jumping pins, removed CMOS battery for 10 mins, reseating GPU and making sure all pins are in correctly.

Any ideas?

Here’s a video: https://streamable.com/uoq17

Specs: Zotac 970 Intel i5 4460 Gigabyte Motherboard 1 8GB Corsair RAM

Nothing has been overclocked

Solution
I think it may have to do with your PSU if it keeps restarting. If it is just shutting down, and booting itself back up (not taking you to a blue screen), you probably have a faulty PSU, or you may have browned it out. I would suggest going to a hardware store and grabbing a more powerful PSU and hooking it up just to see if that solves the problem. If it doesn't, just go return the PSU. Im 99% sure that is the issue though from the sounds of things. If you ever have an issue with your PC restarting, and it doesnt give you a blue screen or recovery page when it happens, it is your PSU most of the time.

spencer.cleaves2

Upstanding
Jan 5, 2019
I think it may have to do with your PSU if it keeps restarting. If it is just shutting down, and booting itself back up (not taking you to a blue screen), you probably have a faulty PSU, or you may have browned it out. I would suggest going to a hardware store and grabbing a more powerful PSU and hooking it up just to see if that solves the problem. If it doesn't, just go return the PSU. Im 99% sure that is the issue though from the sounds of things. If you ever have an issue with your PC restarting, and it doesnt give you a blue screen or recovery page when it happens, it is your PSU most of the time.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS