[SOLVED] pc cooling ok?

Jan 8, 2019
Hello everyone,

rtx 2070
i7-9700K
MSI Z390-A PRO
2x8 gb DDR4 3000MHz ram
600 Watt performance C

I was wondering is my temps are gonna be fine if I buy a cooler for the cpu (NOCTUA NH D15S)
and for the case a back 120mm fan and a front 120mm fan (the fans are standard case fans green led) . I plan on overclocking a little bit. Does anyone know if my temps are gonna be fine? My case is the sharkoon vg4-w. Also Is it good if I upgrade my psu to 750 watt in the future? I did a psu checker and 600 is fine. Do fans help cooling or is it just for the airflow?

Ty for helping me!

Btw. if it's not enough, it would be awesome if u guys can make some suggestions for better cooling. I'm also planning on upgrading my case and 120mm fans in summer.

Solution
U have already got the xilence performance c? If not, get the xilence performance x 650w. That's a good psu.

The vrm in the msi pro z390 is not that great, aka limited overclocking potential. Would suggest a better mobo like the asrock extreme 4 z390 or phantom gaming 6.
U have already got the xilence performance c? If not, get the xilence performance x 650w. That's a good psu.

The vrm in the msi pro z390 is not that great, aka limited overclocking potential. Would suggest a better mobo like the asrock extreme 4 z390 or phantom gaming 6.

Solution
Jan 12, 2019

Im on a budget, what about gigabyte z390 UD? Van it run the 9700k at 5GHz? Of almost

Jan 12, 2019

Or gigabyte z390 gaming x

Jan 12, 2019

Thanks for helping but i have 1 more question.
How do u Know that both of these Mobos can overlock to 5ghz without any problems and which one of the 2 would you chose + what is the difference with the msi z390 a pro

more like a good mobo will give a stable oc at a certain ghz with less Vcore voltage cuz of better voltage stability.

if the vrm design is poor like a 6 phase, the required Vcore for 5ghz is 1.3v, u have to give the cpu maybe 1.32V cuz there would be voltage drops aka not a stable voltage delivery.

a good mobo will have stable, less voltage drops, hence 1.305 or 1.31V will be good for a stable oc. better mobo like the gigabyte aorus master, asus rog formula can manage even better.

now, u can ask me why a 0.1 or 0.2v makes a difference for an oc? 0.1 or 0.2V increase in oc will bring about in worse cases 5 degree increase in cpu temps... when you are overclocking, having thermal headroom is important to find that stable oc. plus, its better for the cpu.

so yeah, motherboard choice matter for a good overclock.

Jan 12, 2019

Thank u so much for the help!
I chose 3 Mobos
Gigabyte z390 Gaming X
Gigabyte z390 UD
MSI MPG z390 Gaming Plus

Which one do u recommend for i7-9700k, i don't plan on doing it but which one can handle 5GHz best?