Question PC couldn't not turn on. PC on after replacing PSU but no display

aesthete18

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012
Hello everyone, hopefully I can get some help here been trying for a few days now.

Few days ago while I was on my PC, my screen went blank suddenly. As in, it couldn't detect my computer but my PC was still on. I tried turning it off via holding the power button but it didn't turn off. I switched it off at the plug point and turned it back on. PC started, but still no display. I tried again but this time my PC didn't start at all.

I removed the PSU and tried the paper clip test, there was no power. Went out and got a new PSU. Power is coming on (motherboard fan working, CD-ROM working) but still not display on my monitor.

My monitor works fine, I use it for my PS4. Cable is detected from pc on screen before going blank. I also checked backup cables, still no display when pc on. The cables I connected from new PSU is 4 pin motherboard cable, CD-ROM cable, SATA hard disk cable and 24 pin motherboard cable.

I should note when I was removing the old PSU I accidentally broke one of the F Panel wires (LED for PC power). I think the rest is working fine since I am able to turn on the PC after reconnecting to new PSU. Can't verify reset button since not display.

I'm not sure what's wrong or what to do. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Include the make and model of your display and how you're connected to it as well as the make and model of the PSU(and it's age). We can then move forward from there.

aesthete18

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012
  • Kingston 4GB PC10600 DDR3 1333
  • AMD ATHLON II A6-3500 Triple Core APU 2.1GHz Processor
  • Gigabyte A75M-S2V Motherboard
  • Trend Sonic TSCS130-BB 450W ATX Casing
  • Western Digital 500GB 7200RPM 16MB 3.5inch SATA6.0 Caviar Blue HDD
  • Logiech MK100 Classic Desktop
  • Samsung 22x SH222 SATA DVDRW Drive

This should be accurate except the hard disk, I've replaced it also with a 500gb possibly Western Digital as well. I'm using Windows 10.

My monitor is an LG Flatron E2341. It's connected via DVI white cable. The old PSU is a Trendsonic T-450 ATX. The new one is the same but refurbished model.

That's all the info I have available.

aesthete18

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012
I've tried a few things since posting yesterday.

• use eraser to clean RAM. Switch slots as well. I've only got 1 RAM stick.
  • repluggged everything (both motherboard connectors, hard disk connectors.
  • removed reset button connector from F Panel based on a guide here. Only left in power switch connector.
  • pulled out PSU cable from CPU and hold power button for 15 seconds. Replug and boot. Still nothing.

Can I get some help please. Ive been at this for 5 days already.