Question PC crash at 95% of the games i start on it.

Killer0pro1

Commendable
Jun 26, 2020
Playing almost any game results in crashes, most recent Warhammer chaosbane and inquisitor martyr - freezing forever while ingame sound still works fine. Many games in the past crashing at random time intervals, not sure is its old pc or what is causing it. Second issiu pc always boots into bios i have to press f10 save and exit and win sdd is the first in boot priority.

pc specs
i5-6600k
gtx 1070
16gb ram

Killer0pro1

Commendable
Jun 26, 2020
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original, new, refurbished, used)?

Disk drives: make, model, capacity, how full?

Any errors being captured in Reliability History and/or Event Viewer that correspond with the times of the crashes?

Corsair RM650i about 6 years old, bought brand new, idk about condition looks same as i got it.

Samsung evo 850 250gb 20.6gb free.
Samsung 980 500gb 24.1gb free
WD Blue 1tb 800gb free.

The program Chaosbane.exe version 0.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 3950
Start Time: 01d813e0218d4e01
Termination Time: 4294967295
Application Path: Z:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Warhammer Chaosbane\Exe\Chaosbane.exe
Report Id: 4bccae69-ea58-4d68-90e3-7ef1890f4ff9
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Hang type: Top level window is idle

The program Warhammer.exe version 1.0.0.1 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 14e0
Start Time: 01d813d4a789f405
Termination Time: 65
Application Path: Z:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Warhammer 40,000 Inquisitor - Martyr\Warhammer.exe
Report Id: 4b9fda9c-d1eb-4618-a6aa-cc5df5ce028f
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Hang type: Unknown

Ralston18

Titan
A six year old PSU would be, almost automatically, at the top of my suspect list.

Very likely nearing (or even past) its' designed in EOL (End of Life). Despite its' immediate physical appearance......

Are you able to obtain another known working equivalent PSU to swap in and test to determine if the crashes continue?

If not, there may be the possibility that some earlier crash caused file corruption.

Try "sfc /scannow" and "dism"

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

DISM Overview | Microsoft Docs

If nothing found/fixed then work to get another PSU to install and test.

Killer0pro1

Commendable
Jun 26, 2020
A six year old PSU would be, almost automatically, at the top of my suspect list.

Very likely nearing (or even past) its' designed in EOL (End of Life). Despite its' immediate physical appearance......

Are you able to obtain another known working equivalent PSU to swap in and test to determine if the crashes continue?

If not, there may be the possibility that some earlier crash caused file corruption.

Try "sfc /scannow" and "dism"

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

DISM Overview | Microsoft Docs

If nothing found/fixed then work to get another PSU to install and test.
This psu has 10 year warranty tho could it still be at the end of life? Am building new pc, still don't have new psu so don't have anything to test this out. After new pc done i want sell old one to someone rdy to game with no issues and crashes is one big issue rn.

sfc /scannow said it found and repaired some corrupted files, will see if it helped.

Not sure what to do with "dism" it opens bunch of commands, link you given do not work.

Ralston18

Titan
Intermittent loose connection is another possibility.

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Use a bright flashlight to inspect for signs of damage: bare conductor showing, melted insulation, browned or blackened components/surfaces, pinched or kinked wires, swollen components, loose brackets.

= = = =

As for the 10 warranty the "what", "why", and "how" requires very careful reading of the fine print.....

Killer0pro1

Commendable
Jun 26, 2020
Intermittent loose connection is another possibility.

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Use a bright flashlight to inspect for signs of damage: bare conductor showing, melted insulation, browned or blackened components/surfaces, pinched or kinked wires, swollen components, loose brackets.

= = = =

As for the 10 warranty the "what", "why", and "how" requires very careful reading of the fine print.....
This might be an issue, since i have cast on my arm and wont be able to properly inspect pc atm.