[SOLVED] PC crash CPU debug light on

Nov 26, 2020
Hi, I built this PC a while ago:

cpu - ryzen 5 1600 af
motherboard - msi b450m pro vdh max
ram - 2x8gb gskill 3600mhz( running at 3000mhz)
gpu - rx 570 aorus gigabyte
case - nox hummer zx
ssd - kioxia 480gb
psu - bitfenix formula 550w 80+ gold

After the first day it crashed the first time with the monitor turning black and the sound goes off but pc is turned on with cpu light on too. After that I tried to rearrange the cables from the back of the case to make sure they don't touch the motherboard and it stayed like a week without crashing but it just crash again randomly(wasn't even playing. only google chrome).It never crashed while gaming and I think the psu is good so I doubt psu is the problem. What could be the issue?

thanks in advance

Solution
RAM.
Troubleshoot with single stick. If it crashes on one and not the other stick only then its probably a bad ram module.
If it crashes on both sticks it could still be bad/incompatible RAM modules but its less likely.
Although most RAM work without issue even if not officially supported, just make sure the RAM you are using is in the QVL/supported list for your motherboard here: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450M-PRO-VDH-MAX#support-mem-13

Also make sure your BIOs version supports your CPU, sometimes unsupported CPUs work on the BIOS but cause many problems
RAM.
Troubleshoot with single stick. If it crashes on one and not the other stick only then its probably a bad ram module.
If it crashes on both sticks it could still be bad/incompatible RAM modules but its less likely.
Although most RAM work without issue even if not officially supported, just make sure the RAM you are using is in the QVL/supported list for your motherboard here: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450M-PRO-VDH-MAX#support-mem-13

Also make sure your BIOs version supports your CPU, sometimes unsupported CPUs work on the BIOS but cause many problems

Last edited:
Solution