[SOLVED] PC crash due to overheating with low temps (no BSOD)

danihell

Prominent
Nov 14, 2020
I've the following:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: RX 5700 XT

During the gameplay it happens quite often that the PC crashes (no BSOD) as if it were overheating despite the temps are in the norm.

Using MSI afterburner, the CPU temp is around 70, the GPU temps1 around 75 and the junction around 90 (AMD says it can reach 110).
I don't understand if it is a voltage or hertz problem, or some bios setting.
There's some software usefeull for reporting the cause of a crash like this ?

Thank you !!!

Solution
Alantik Quantum 700
So only reviews I find for this brand are on Amazon.
They are Italian or at least, European brand.

At least they have a website though which PSU on here is yours is a good guess - http://www.alantik.com/main/index.html#
It appears the Quantum is an older model, one of the current modular designs on there says it was introduced at same time as the old quantum series.

I can't find any reviews by people I would believe. So I suspect the problem is the PSU. Always helps to pick a brand name you know.

Something from Corsair, or EVGA or Seasonic will be way better suited to that PC.

Colif

Win 11 Master
is it freezing or just shutting down?

What are specs of the PC?

you could HWINFO and run logging to see if the resulting csv file shows any unusual scores. Can view them in Google docs or Excel.

if PC crashing with no BSOD, the only errors you likely to have in Reliability History are hardware errors - Win 10 sees an unexpected restart/shutdown/freeze as a hardware error as it didn't cause it.

Reactions: danihell

danihell

Prominent
Nov 14, 2020
thank you, i will try with HWINFO .
I don't have a freeze but i have a PC restart.
Sometimes after this restart i have to re-plug the hdmi cable because TV doesn't find the signal

danihell

Prominent
Nov 14, 2020
I'm trying but something is wrong, the process is blocked in this step "waiting for SystemInfo"
kasperky is also off

Power supply it's 700w

Last edited:

danihell

Prominent
Nov 14, 2020
I found out the model of my PSU: Alantik Quantum 700 full modular. Now the PSU makes a strambe buzzoni noise when the GPU goes even slightly under stress, and then immediately crashes. I can't figure out if it's a GPU or PSU problem .....

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Alantik Quantum 700
So only reviews I find for this brand are on Amazon.
They are Italian or at least, European brand.

At least they have a website though which PSU on here is yours is a good guess - http://www.alantik.com/main/index.html#
It appears the Quantum is an older model, one of the current modular designs on there says it was introduced at same time as the old quantum series.

I can't find any reviews by people I would believe. So I suspect the problem is the PSU. Always helps to pick a brand name you know.

Something from Corsair, or EVGA or Seasonic will be way better suited to that PC.

Last edited:
Reactions: danihell
Solution