[SOLVED] [PC][CRASH] F1 2019 "Error reading data, please verify the game cache." HDD Issue

matthewraagas87

Commendable
Jun 11, 2018
Hi all, I have a Seagate Barracuda 1TB ST1000DM010 3.5in Hard Drive. Recently I have been having issues with f1 2019 and some other games in terms of downloading and playing games because the game would randomly freeze and crash. Initially at the start I thought it would be a Hard Drive issue, I have already tried multiple troubleshooting such as in command prompt to check disk and repair any issues but it reported nothing.

I have reformatted the drive and reset the drive by cleaning it completely to factory new through command prompt. I have followed all the instructions with verifying the games files but that still did not help with the game crashing. In f1 2019, I would be playing the career mode for around 15-20 minutes mid race and it would freeze for a second and kick me to the desktop with an error to verify the game files. I had reinstalled the game multiple times and verified it 15 times.

I also made sure that MSI Afterburner was not running in the background and I ran in DX11 rather than DX12. Some other software that I have used to check the health of the hard drive is the Seagate Sea tools and ran all the tests and it has passed with no issues. I ran the command in cmd 'chkdsk d: /f /r' and it reported with no issues and no bad sectors. Does this have something to do with my hard drive dying or is it the game itself? All help is appreciated

Solution
This issue has been fixed by the following:
  • Installing a fresh windows
  • Changing the SATA cables
  • Changing the SATA Power cable to another one
  • Choosing another SATA port on the motherboard
  • Cleaning the drive through command prompt and formatting to NTFS

matthewraagas87

Commendable
Jun 11, 2018
This issue has been fixed by the following:
  • Installing a fresh windows