Question PC crash when certain monitor is connected

May 4, 2023
Hello I recently built my pc and the monitor I bought with it I have problems with and not sure what is causing it. When I first put it together it would randomly black screen and I wouldnt be able to get any signal back without restarting the pc. I then thought it was a problem with my hardware so I sent back the gpu, mobo, and psu only to have the same problem with brand new parts. I ended up buying a displayport cable and trying that also and was getting the exact same problem and then since I had two cables now it allowed me to hook up my tv also and once I had 2 monitors going I never had the crash again. Over a month later I had no problems was able to switch outputs on the tv to play my xbox and everything with no problems. So recently I upgraded my tv to a actual gaming monitor and when I change the output on it it acts like its not hooked up to the pc anymore so when I went to play my xbox again it forced the original monitor to be the main one again and after a short time the pc black screened again.

Hello I recently built my pc and the monitor I bought with it I have problems with and not sure what is causing it. When I first put it together it would randomly black screen and I wouldnt be able to get any signal back without restarting the pc. I then thought it was a problem with my hardware so I sent back the gpu, mobo, and psu only to have the same problem with brand new parts. I ended up buying a displayport cable and trying that also and was getting the exact same problem and then since I had two cables now it allowed me to hook up my tv also and once I had 2 monitors going I never had the crash again. Over a month later I had no problems was able to switch outputs on the tv to play my xbox and everything with no problems. So recently I upgraded my tv to a actual gaming monitor and when I change the output on it it acts like its not hooked up to the pc anymore so when I went to play my xbox again it forced the original monitor to be the main one again and after a short time the pc black screened again.
Are you using quality cable that are vesa certified. I can't tell you how many people have this issue all because they buy 100s of cables and don't verify they a actually supported to handle the refresh rates newer cards push. The only way to know you have a quality cable anymore is it will be Vesa certified. If that's not you issue I would start with trying to disable fast boot in your BIOS then generally this is the cause of your issue

May 4, 2023
Are you using quality cable that are vesa certified. I can't tell you how many people have this issue all because they buy 100s of cables and don't verify they a actually supported to handle the refresh rates newer cards push. The only way to know you have a quality cable anymore is it will be Vesa certified. If that's not you issue I would start with trying to disable fast boot in your BIOS then generally this is the cause of your issue
tbh I have no idea if they are certified or not but the hdmi cable came with the monitor and this is the Displayport cable i bought to replace the hdmi and still had issues https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FBJYWTJ?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1, just so weird that the monitor works just fine when multiple monitors are connected

Last edited:
tbh I have no idea if they are certified or not but the hdmi cable came with the monitor and this is the Displayport cable i bought to replace the hdmi and still had issues https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FBJYWTJ?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1, just so weird that the monitor works just fine when multiple monitors are connected
The cables that come with the monitors and consoles blah blah blah are generic nothing cables that are just to get you to a display... The cable you linked I feel like shouldn't really have a problem but at the same time it's not a certified cable that I can find.. but it looks to have some quality to it so I can give you any say when it comes to a cable issue. I would just to be on the safe side but something like this. https://www.amazon.com/DisplayPort-...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl
For the display port and this for HDMI

Before going and spending money though I would try something free,
With the PC off unplug the psu, with psu unplugged remove the lithium battery from your mobo, well these are removed hold the power button on the case for 30s x2s, then reseat the battery then the psu cable... Boot PC and test

Adding full system specs can help side note

May 4, 2023
mine came already with the autodriver and I updated the bios when I got the board. Idk about the restart system into uefi mode tho
New gpus require uefi boot and most people don't realize this and 90% of mobo come pre set to legacy so it cause issues with the gpu which in turn causes the issue again you have try rebooting the system to uefi and see if this solves the issue. The reason it's a option is because this mobo came stalk set to legacy

May 4, 2023
New gpus require uefi boot and most people don't realize this and 90% of mobo come pre set to legacy so it cause issues with the gpu which in turn causes the issue again you have try rebooting the system to uefi and see if this solves the issue. The reason it's a option is because this mobo came stalk set to legacy
I went looking through the options but couldnt find anything like you are saying