• Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Question PC crash when gaming with two monitors

Nov 25, 2018
When playing a game (Fortnite, CS: GO etc...) and I have both monitors connected to my GPU it randomly crashes after a while I have an RX 580 Nitro from Sapphire and an AMD FX-8350 on a Gigabyte motherboard. I'm not sure what to do to fix it because it's not my pc I have 14gb ram and a 650w PSU and I can run both CS: GO and Fortnite at once when using only one monitor. It doesn't crash when I have both monitors on and I'm only on google chrome or word and I would really like to be able to play a game and have a second monitor on as well. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thank You.

CPU: AMD FX-8350
Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Ram: HyperX DDR 3 8GB / 6 GB (unbranded 1x4 1x2)
SSD/HDD: Kingston 240gb / WD Blue 500g
GPU: Sapphire Rx 580 Nitro + 8GB (blue version)
PSU: Corsair vs 550
Chassis: Corsair Carbide Series 275R

James9002uk

Commendable
May 30, 2017
What are you monitors? - are you running freesync at different frequencies from one another ie 1 monitor at 144hz and the other at 60hz?

Updated AMD drivers?

Are you running the game in windowed mode apposed to 'fullscreen' while gaming using the second monitor?

Or TBH - it could be just down to the fact you cannot do it with your GPU + CPU setup... maybe try not to multitask and stick to doing one thing with your gaming/productivity? - sorry...

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS