[SOLVED] PC crash with all peripherals disconnecting but fans still spinning and lights on ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 25, 2021
hi guys i really need your help, my pc random crash (sometimes after some minutes from the pc start, sometimes right after i close a game, sometimes right in the middle of a game)
the monitor, mouse, keyboard, headset turn off while fans and pc lights still run. the only way is to power off from button and restart, i tried OCCT test power supply for 1h and all fine. i did windows memory diagnosis and everything's fine. what can be?
cpu temperature and gpu temperature are fine too.

Specs:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon RX 580
Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX
Hard Drive: ---
SSD: TCSUNBOW 512GB
Memory: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 3000Mhz C15
Case: Sharkoon TG5
Power Supply: Corsair CX550M 80 Plus Bronze
Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120mm

Solution
hi guys i really need your help, my pc random crash (sometimes after some minutes from the pc start, sometimes right after i close a game, sometimes right in the middle of a game)
the monitor, mouse, keyboard, headset turn off while fans and pc lights still run. the only way is to power off from button and restart, i tried OCCT test power supply for 1h and all fine. i did windows memory diagnosis and everything's fine. what can be?
this is my config
Power Supply: Corsair CX550M 80...
this is my config
Power Supply: Corsair CX550M 80 Plus Bronze
Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120mm
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 12 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios. Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings then shutdown.

• Take off gpu and ram and clean their contacts, then plug them back again

• boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver, reboot, go to power plan, choose amd ryzen balanced, and connect to internet.

• Install the latest radeon driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did) and make sure ram is on slot 2 and 4 if you use 2 sticks. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them (except chipset in optional update).
    unknown.png
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png

Last edited:
Solution
Sep 25, 2021
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 16 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios. Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings then shutdown.

• Take off gpu and ram and clean their contacts, then plug them back again

• boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver, reboot, go to power plan, choose amd ryzen balanced, and connect to internet.

• Install the latest nvidia driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did) and make sure ram is on slot 2 and 4 if you use 2 sticks. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them (except chipset in optional update).
    unknown.png
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png
why nvidia? i got amd graphic card.
Btw thanks so much, i will try and tell you!

today it happened twice while just surfing on web after 5min from pc start :(
hmm.. 3 months ago i had the same issue with the same psu as yours, decided to rma it and got a cv550 since cx was discontinued, and it doesn't crash anymore, i stressed the memory, fpu only, and furmark the gpu, all in 1 test, and yeah it is pretty torturing to all the components but they passed 1 hour, like my vs450, last time i used my cx, it just randomly shut off, sometimes 5 minutes, 30 minutes, 10 seconds, and so on. my pc specs is lower than yours (see on my signature), so you could try to bring it into a local pc technician and try with their psu..

Might be a faulty cx550 unit..

Sep 25, 2021
hmm.. 3 months ago i had the same issue with the same psu as yours, decided to rma it and got a cv550 since cx was discontinued, and it doesn't crash anymore, i stressed the memory, fpu only, and furmark the gpu, all in 1 test, and yeah it is pretty torturing to all the components but they passed 1 hour, like my vs450, last time i used my cx, it just randomly shut off, sometimes 5 minutes, 30 minutes, 10 seconds, and so on. my pc specs is lower than yours (see on my signature), so you could try to bring it into a local pc technician and try with their psu..

Might be a faulty cx550 unit..
ty, i will buy a new psu, what do you recommand? i want a new one anyway for future builds

ty, i will buy a new psu, what do you recommand? i want a new one anyway for future builds
i personally test everything out first, if you have a friend with similar specs or better, try using their psu, and try to test the ram and gpu on your friends pc and vice versa. or simply bring it to local pc technician (a good one) and ask them to test it with their psu.

For PSU i would go Corsair RM650 or RM650X, and Seasonic Focus Gold 650.

Sep 25, 2021
i personally test everything out first, if you have a friend with similar specs or better, try using their psu, and try to test the ram and gpu on your friends pc and vice versa. or simply bring it to local pc technician (a good one) and ask them to test it with their psu.

For PSU i would go Corsair RM650 or RM650X, and Seasonic Focus Gold 650.
ty very much

Status
Not open for further replies.