Pc crash with flash blue screen

masryp

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
can somebody tell me what i'm doiing wrong?
when playing conflict denied ops my system crashed 2 times.
My screen freezes goes black, a flash of a blue screen and the pc restarts itself.
this is my setup: xilence sps-xp 550w
3gigabyte ddr2 ram
amd athlon 64 x2 4200
gigabyte ga-ma69vm-s2 motherboard
gigabyte ga-n250oc-1gi

sub mesa

Distinguished
Alot of people do not test their RAM. Without testing RAM; any error may occur.

So go download Ubuntu cd from ubuntu.com; it includes memtest86+. Simply boot and you get a menu, choose Memory Test and let it run for some time.

I'm assuming you installed latest video drivers etc?

sub mesa

Distinguished
Those memory tests who run inside Windows should not be used since they can not test all parts of memory; you need Memtest86+ or you won't be sure your RAM is okay even if windows memory diagnostic gives you no errors.

cragzman

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
What could help is if you disable the Automatic Restart option in System Properties -> Advanced tab -> Startup and Recovery. This way you can see what the BSOD is and if it will give you any clues to what is causing the issue. Could be a graphics driver, sound, memory, overheating CPU, or anything else.

masryp

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
i try'd the memory test in the system tool's of windows and no problem, yesterday i played far cry 2 and there was no problem.
it only happens in conflict denied ops.
i did not try memtest 86+ because on the website there are alot of version and i don't know wich one to download.
by the end i am thinking of upgrading my pc, i have not really decided what parts to by because i dont know if i need the strongest cpu or that amd is good enough. or what gpu to take ati hd 5770 or ati hd 5850, or go for nvidia once they are availabel
I dont know what i need buth once my pc is upgraded it should last a least 3 years.
any recommendations are welcome

TRENDING THREADS