Question PC crashed and doens't start up, EZ Debug CPU LED is solid white

Apr 25, 2021
Hi guys
I have some issues trying to get my pc to boot again.
It was working as intended for like a month or 2 but last week Windows 10 suddenly crashed (GSOD) with a exception that Windows Insider had an issue or something.
I was gaming atm.
After the crash I could just boot up again and resume playing.
Yet after an hour or so Windows 10 crashed again, with the same exception (I think, I did not pay to much attention to it) but when I tried to reboot the pc gave no video signal.
After openening it up I saw my fans were all active, my RAM RGB leds were on, as was my CPU fan RGB leds, my GPU was active, so everything seemed allright, except that the fan speed kept turning on maximum which normally slows down a second or 2 after booting.
It was only after a while that I figured out an EZ Debug light was on and it was that of the CPU.
My specs:
  • MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE WIFI, socket AM4 mobo
  • AMD Ryzen 9 3900X socket AM4 processor
  • Corsair CV650 650W PSU
  • Corsair 32 GB DDR4-3200 Kit
  • AORUS Gen4 SSD, 1 TB SSD
  • ASUS Dual Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6GB EVO Advanced Edition Gaming GPU
What I've tried (but willing to try again):
  • Disconnected GPU, SSD and one slot of RAM and all other peripherals
  • Resocketed CPU (multiple times)
  • Reapplied thermal paste
  • Tried another PSU
  • Tried with another GPU
  • Tried disconnecting the CPU power and reconnecting it (while it was disconnected I tried booting, and had the same issues, that's why I tried with another PSU)
  • I checked the CPU pins but that all seems ok, no bent pins or anything out of the ordinary
  • Flashed the BIOS
  • Cleared the BIOS
All this gave the same results fans spinning (if they were connected) and solid white EZ Debug LED light.
The only time is gives other results is when I disconnect both RAM slots, than it's the DRAM light that's lid up.

I also tested booting up without the CPU cooler for a few seconds, but tthat also gives the same results, I did notice tehe CPU temperature rising so it seems like it is getting power.

I'm running out of ideas.

If anyone has any other Ideas I could try they'd be very welcome and I'll be happy to try them.

I'm fearing my CPU just failed, but it's wierd that that would happen when just playing a not that demanding game for this set up.

If needed I can provide some pictures.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Windows Insider? What version/edition of Windows 10 are you running? Some preview version?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for errors, warnings, and even informational events that occurred at the time of the crashes.

Start with Reliability History. Much more user friendly and uses a timeline format that can reveal patterns.

How are you applying the thermal paste and what thermal paste are you using? Source?