[SOLVED] PC crashed and now won't turn on ?

Avanis

Honorable
Jun 22, 2015
While gaming, PC completely shut down, tried to turn it back on but nothing happens at all, the only single thing that happens is when i have my PSU in ON position, my keyboard lights start to flash, which means it goes on and off, lights shouln't flash like this, my pc is not even on.

I unplagged everything and tested my PSU with a paperclip thingy that came with my PSU, my PSU worked. Cleared CMOS, removed the battery for hours, tested with just PSU and motherboard, nothing.

Is my motherboard dead or what's happening? No burning smell or anything by the way motherboard visually looks fine.

MB: Gigabyte B150-HD3
PSU: EVGA 500B 80+ bronze

Solution
Either dead PSU or dead motherboard.

PSU turning on/fan spinning, doesn't really mean anything. It just tells 12V rail is working.
You'd have to test all voltage rails (3.3V, 5V, 12V) with multimeter, to diagnose it properly.

Avanis

Honorable
Jun 22, 2015
Either dead PSU or dead motherboard.

PSU turning on/fan spinning, doesn't really mean anything. It just tells 12V rail is working.
You'd have to test all voltage rails (3.3V, 5V, 12V) with multimeter, to diagnose it properly.

I will be able to get a multimeter test done tonight, I will post once I get the results

Update: Motherboard is dead.

Last edited: