PC crashed and won't start back up. Getting error code 53 Asus Maximus VIII Hero

austincgreen

Reputable
Nov 28, 2014
Hello, I was gaming the other day when my PC just froze. After I reset my PC, it failed to load back up. I have been using this PC that I built for 3 years now and this is the first time this has happened. I know the ram is compatible because it worked previously. I have 8Gx2 Gskill ripjaws 5 ram sticks, i5-6600k, gtx 970 GPU, CX850M power supply, and a h100i cooler. I have tried using just 1 ram stick in all 4 slots for booth sticks and nothing changes. My ram was purchased in Aug 2015… is it possible that both flopped at the exact same time?

Jun 16, 2018
Are you getting a long beep followed by two short beeps? I had this happen before, i ended up replacing board. I installed new ram, tried another cpu with no success. If you have another cpu or ram stick try that. The only other time ive had this code was with a dusty ram slot, some air clean fixed that. You can try completely de powering your mb, unplug power then pull psu connection from mb then remove battery. Reset all components, pull gpu, ram and cpu. Its a lot of work but worth a try, mb errors are a pain. Hope you get it.

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
I agree with vanburhoff. Try using air canister on your psu and every fan, cooler radiator etc you get the idea. Since it quit on you during a game it sounds like you had either a heat issue or a static dust issue. Don't be afaid to be aggressive with the air. I am trying to avoid using the word blow here so I sound more intelligent :]