Question PC crashed randomly, and CPU light is now showing

Ajsmith595

Reputable
Jul 15, 2015
I recently changed from intel to AMD, and got myself a new MOBO, and CPU. I've been using it for about a month and a half now, and it's been pretty good. I was recently playing a game, and I left it running for a while. When I got back to it, everything was completely unresponsive, so I turned my PC off by the power button, and started it up, expecting it to be some random freeze. When I turned it on, all the fans were running but there was no output. I then realised that the CPU error light on my motherboard was lit. I therefore, took the side panel off, and tried a few things; turning off and on the PSU switch; taking out and back in the PSU cable; taking out and back in the CPU power connector; resetting the CMOS battery. All these failed. I really don't want to take the fan off/have to claim warranty as I'm at uni atm and all the boxes for the parts are back at home.

For info, here's the PC specs;
  • AMD Ryzen 3600
  • MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
  • Corsair Vengeance DDR4 (8GB 2666MHz + 8GB 3000MHz)
  • Corsair CX750M 750W PSU
  • Crucial MX300 750GB SSD + WD 2TB SSHD + [not in use](Sabrent M.2 256GB SSD)
  • MSI GTX1060 6GB
I thought the problem might be with the RAM, cos I've heard Ryzen CPUs can be weird with RAM speeds, but I don't know why it didn't break when I first started using it.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

FullTank

Reputable
Apr 7, 2015
i mean i don't think it's ram but you can try to take out 1 stick and boot, if no use then take out another stick while placing that one back & boot, if no use then it's either not the case or both of them died, anyway i personally think that your gpu or it's certain output slot went bai bai, or that mobo partially died which also could kill the gpu/ram in result as well (happened that to my neighbor)

Ajsmith595

Reputable
Jul 15, 2015
i mean i don't think it's ram but you can try to take out 1 stick and boot, if no use then take out another stick while placing that one back & boot, if no use then it's either not the case or both of them died, anyway i personally think that your gpu or it's certain output slot went bai bai, or that mobo partially died which also could kill the gpu/ram in result as well (happened that to my neighbor)
Tried 1 stick at a time, still failed :(

As for the CMOS battery, tried it and the problem persisted :/

Ajsmith595

Reputable
Jul 15, 2015
Connected a MB speaker, connected power and display. It's somehow now working. No idea why. Apparently my fix was to leave it without any external cables attached for 24 hours, plug in a MB speaker, connect everything back up and there you go! Makes absolutely no sense but somehow worked haha

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS