Question PC crashed randomly, and CPU light is now showing

Ajsmith595

Reputable
Jul 15, 2015
I recently changed from intel to AMD, and got myself a new MOBO, and CPU. I've been using it for about a month and a half now, and it's been pretty good. I was recently playing a game, and I left it running for a while. When I got back to it, everything was completely unresponsive, so I turned my PC off by the power button, and started it up, expecting it to be some random freeze. When I turned it on, all the fans were running but there was no output. I then realised that the CPU error light on my motherboard was lit. I therefore, took the side panel off, and tried a few things; turning off and on the PSU switch; taking out and back in the PSU cable; taking out and back in the CPU power connector; resetting the CMOS battery. All these failed. I really don't want to take the fan off/have to claim warranty as I'm at uni atm and all the boxes for the parts are back at home.

For info, here's the PC specs;
  • AMD Ryzen 3600
  • MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
  • Corsair Vengeance DDR4 (8GB 2666MHz + 8GB 3000MHz)
  • Corsair CX750M 750W PSU
  • Crucial MX300 750GB SSD + WD 2TB SSHD + [not in use](Sabrent M.2 256GB SSD)
  • MSI GTX1060 6GB

I thought the problem might be with the RAM, cos I've heard Ryzen CPUs can be weird with RAM speeds, but I don't know why it didn't break when I first started using it.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

FullTank

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2015
i mean i don't think it's ram but you can try to take out 1 stick and boot, if no use then take out another stick while placing that one back & boot, if no use then it's either not the case or both of them died, anyway i personally think that your gpu or it's certain output slot went bai bai, or that mobo partially died which also could kill the gpu/ram in result as well (happened that to my neighbor)

Ajsmith595

Reputable
Jul 15, 2015
i mean i don't think it's ram but you can try to take out 1 stick and boot, if no use then take out another stick while placing that one back & boot, if no use then it's either not the case or both of them died, anyway i personally think that your gpu or it's certain output slot went bai bai, or that mobo partially died which also could kill the gpu/ram in result as well (happened that to my neighbor)
Tried 1 stick at a time, still failed :(

As for the CMOS battery, tried it and the problem persisted :/

Ajsmith595

Reputable
Jul 15, 2015
Connected a MB speaker, connected power and display. It's somehow now working. No idea why. Apparently my fix was to leave it without any external cables attached for 24 hours, plug in a MB speaker, connect everything back up and there you go! Makes absolutely no sense but somehow worked haha

Jul 2, 2020
Connected a MB speaker, connected power and display. It's somehow now working. No idea why. Apparently my fix was to leave it without any external cables attached for 24 hours, plug in a MB speaker, connect everything back up and there you go! Makes absolutely no sense but somehow worked haha
Hey man! I'm experiencing the same issue. What do you mean when you say you unplugged external cables?