Question PC crashed, shut off, and now it won’t post

jake_wagner12

Reputable
Sep 28, 2016
I haven’t really been playing any big titles on my pc lately and I just updated ac Valhalla after playing it a couple months ago. I went to load into the game and all of a sudden I got blue screened. Didn’t get a chance to catch the code but it shut off and kept restarting.
I pulled the plug and let it sit for a while and when I tried to turn it back on it wouldn’t post. Fans and leds are working everywhere except for my motherboard.
i tried looking up this problem and got a bunch of different info. I heard it could be the PSU, so I checked my RM750x and the fan isn’t spinning. But I’ve also seen that other people have the same problem with theirs and it works fine.
I don’t have spare parts around so I thought I’d come here before I went to buy a new PSU, Mobo, or possibly something else.
I can post specs later

TheJoker2020

Commendable
Oct 13, 2020
I haven’t really been playing any big titles on my pc lately and I just updated ac Valhalla after playing it a couple months ago. I went to load into the game and all of a sudden I got blue screened. Didn’t get a chance to catch the code but it shut off and kept restarting.
I pulled the plug and let it sit for a while and when I tried to turn it back on it wouldn’t post. Fans and leds are working everywhere except for my motherboard.
i tried looking up this problem and got a bunch of different info. I heard it could be the PSU, so I checked my RM750x and the fan isn’t spinning. But I’ve also seen that other people have the same problem with theirs and it works fine.
I don’t have spare parts around so I thought I’d come here before I went to buy a new PSU, Mobo, or possibly something else.
I can post specs later
Pull the power cable out of it then hit the power button a few times, then reset the CMOS and leave it alone for half an hour, reset the CMOS again (for the hell of it), plug the power back in, cross your finger and hit the power button with the side off of the case, look for any LED's that might flash, and watch for any fans that might move a touch (twitch).

Good luck.

Feb 17, 2021
My PC BSODs all the time and then the same thing happens, It shuts down fully and the Power button does nothing. What I do is Switch the power Supply off and then on and it powers on no problem.

jake_wagner12

Reputable
Sep 28, 2016
So I took it all apart, rebuilt it, and it was running fine for a few weeks. I came home from work the other day and went to go turn it on, and all of a sudden it won’t post again. I’m not sure if there is a software issue with at this point, but I’m getting really frustrated.

D

Deleted member 2871437

Hi Jake,
you'll get much better help if you provide full system specs as requested - there's some very talented contributors but I don't think psychic abilities are on offer :)

D

Deleted member 2871437

So your system is working fine now?
Could just be the ram wasn't seated properly after the clean, or there might have been a bit of dust or grime on the contacts that's been moved by reseating it.
If it's working ok now you could try some diagnostics.

jake_wagner12

Reputable
Sep 28, 2016
So your system is working fine now?
Could just be the ram wasn't seated properly after the clean, or there might have been a bit of dust or grime on the contacts that's been moved by reseating it.
If it's working ok now you could try some diagnostics.
It was working fine for a few days but now it will just crash randomly without a blue screen. Sometimes it will crash right after booting up and other times the screen will just go black randomly. What kind of diagnostics would you recommend?