[SOLVED] PC crashed while gaming, won't turn back on

Feb 17, 2021
So I was playing some Cold War and randomly PC just completely shuts off. It turns off completely so obviously i'm confused and my immediate reaction is a my outlet went out or something. However, everything else in my room is still powered so I come to the realization that the problem is clearly the PC. I try to turn the PC back on, no response. I unplug it, flip power supply switch off and everything. Multiple attempts of trying different power combinations, nothing working. I give the PC overnight just to see if it was overheating, although I found it highly unlikely I just wanted to make sure. I flip the power supply on and hit the power button still no response. When I have the power supply turned on, I do have my motherboard light turn on, there is ROG symbol that always lights up when my power supply is on ,but no the system. SO it appears the power supply is generating power. I tried using another power cord to see if that were the problem and still no response. I checked to see if all my power supply cables were properly seated for powering their components and they all appeared to be ok. There are no fans or anything that come on when I hit power, there is absolutely no response. Since the power supply doesn't seem to be the problem, and the motherboard still has a light come on so that doesn't seem to be the problem ether, what else could it be? I have a brand new CPU along with a good cooler for it and have not overclocked any parts. I spend a lot of time on my PC and I'm having a really hard time ruling out what the issue could be. I built the PC brand new back in November so all the parts are practically brand new and haven't been overused or used poorly. If anyone could help sort out the problem it would be greatly appreciated.

Specs list: Motherboard ROG Strix B550 F Gaming, CPU Ryzen 3700x with Wraith Prism Cooler, 32 GB of 3200 mhz corsair vengeance pro ram, 750 Watt bronze rated thermaltake PSU, ROG Strix 2060 graphics card, Mushkin m.2 SSD for boot and WD blue 1tb ssd for storage, 6 cases fans, 3 intakes, 3 outtakes, traditional fan setup

Solution
there's a chance the power switch has blown on the case. does the motherboard have it's own on\off button?
but it's also possible the power supply has been damaged and just cannot function correctly now though it still supplies some power.
and if the CPU was damaged, it can keep the motherboard from allowing the system to boot.

first simple thing i would try is just resetting the BIOS by clearing the CMOS.

if that doesn't work;
do you have a secondary system or a friend\family member you could get access to another system from?
there's a chance the power switch has blown on the case. does the motherboard have it's own on\off button?
but it's also possible the power supply has been damaged and just cannot function correctly now though it still supplies some power.
and if the CPU was damaged, it can keep the motherboard from allowing the system to boot.

if that doesn't work;
do you have a secondary system or a friend\family member you could get access to another system from?

Solution
Feb 17, 2021

if that doesn't work;
yes my brother also has a gaming pc. I don't know how the cpu could be damgaged, it hasn't been overclocked and hasnt overheated, would the cpu cause the whole pc to just randomly sut off, or is that a common response to a power supply dying