Question PC crashed while installing GPU driver. On boot getting BLACK LIT SCREEN pre-BIOS

khalidryder777

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
SPECS:
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: Galax GTX 1070 exoc sniper white
RAM: CORSAIR vengeance lpx 8 X 2 ddr4 3000mhz
PSU : ANTEC vp600p
MOBO : MSI b450m pro-vdh max
Monitor : LG 24mp59g
W10 Pro
Storage : An old 1 TB seagate HDD

NOTE: I can't even reach BIOS.
Pixel distortion images here and here
1- It all started with my cursor + system freezing/resuming for 1-3 seconds oscillating to and forth between the two stages. NOTE: I have a Win 10 on a current old HHD but didn't have any issues.
2- Meanwhile- those freezes, I was updating the -NVIDIA GPU driver and suddenly the monitor started displaying distorted & pixelated RGB patterns obviously pointing towards some Display related anomaly. THE CRASH OCCURED.
3- After a slow boot I found the MSI afterburner the culprit for causing freezes Image and ENDED the task and it seemed to stop those freezes but the pixelated distortions covered the screen momentarily afterwards and I shut the machine down .
4- Upon booting, the computer starts in safe mode still with distortions occurring sporadically where I tried to reinstall the Nvidia driver and it seemed to work. Rebooted in normal mode, PC worked fine that night.
5- Following morning, the computer would power up with the LED turning up dark backlit display as if monitor is off [ But it actually isn't] . On the Motherboard EZ debug panel, the VGA led is lit.

What I have tried:

Minimal component startup( -1 Ram stick -extra cables]
Reset CMOS
Reinstall the GPU, RAM
Changed the Display Port with HDMI

My presumption is that the While installing the GPU driver, the freeze caused the corruption in the process.
Apologies for lengthy description but I wanted to clarify every event happened.
I'd appreciate the helpful answers greatly, THANKS B-)

Last edited:

khalidryder777

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
Did you check your hard drive for errors or corruption? Try testing the GPU in another PC?
I intend to test both, the gpu and the hdd in another system. If only I could access the bios to try reinstalling windows. I'll also try resetting BIOS in the morning. The circumstances of the problem make me suspect that the problem is software related. But I'll give the above checks a try.