fohrax

Prominent
Feb 10, 2019
SETUP
CPU: i5 7500
GPU: GeForce GTX 760
MB: MSI z270 PC MATE
PSU: Corsair HX 650W

I put a new CPU (i5 7500) in a setup above and after some time of gaming i had black screen and GPU fans went to 100% and my friend on teamspeak could hear me until PC was restarted. The screen had black screen and fans were on 100% still. When i took GPU out and PC would not start and looked like there is no power coming from PSU. When i unplugged cable from grid and put back, the PC started. And worked fine.

Before putting the i5 into the build i had Pentium g4500. With no problems at all and with GTX 760 in and playing long hours. And i also tried switching i5 with that pentium after the crashes and worked fine with GPU.

Some time after the incident i tried putting the GPU in again and worked for few hours and then it crashed again.

Currently im having the i5 without GPU, tried playing with it and no crashes appeared. Could the problem be old GPU?

fohrax

Prominent
Feb 10, 2019
After long time, using only PC without GPU, it happened again. PC restarted and black screen appeared, i opened case and CPU fan off, triend starting PC again, no luck. I took RAM off and on and swiched CPU to Pentium and it works for now.

TRENDING THREADS