[SOLVED] PC crashes 10 seconds after Turning ON, and repeats.

chumlee231101

Prominent
Aug 24, 2019
THE MAIN PROBLEM:-
The Problem is, when i turn on my PC, fans start, all the lights turn on, but just after 10 seconds, no display, and then everything just goes off. Now, again the fans and light starts, and the same thing happens for like 5-6 times. And finally after that the PC turns On.
I built this setup an year back.

SOME DETAILS:-
Actually when i ordered the mobo, like 6 cpu pins were bent, there was no return policy. So had to keep it. Searched on internet, there it was written that i must use a pin or something to manually bring the pins back into the position, it worked and the cpu works fine.

I have tried replacing ram.
I have cleaned all the dust.
Nothing's working for me.

Specs:
i5 4440s 2.8GHz
8 GB HyperX Fury
Gigabyte GTX -1050 ti 4 GB
Mobo- Gigabyte B85M-D3H
PSU- Corsair VS-550

Please Help.
Thanks.

Sent from my vivo 1611 using Tapatalk

Solution
Yes, bent pins can cause all sorts of problems.
Ram issues seem to be the most common.

If a motherboard is having a problem with ram, it will restart several times, trying to find a ram setting that works.
Is your ram a single stick?
If two sticks, are they both from a matched kit?

Another possibility is a poor quality psu. The corsair VS series are tier 5/6 on this list:
Yes, bent pins can cause all sorts of problems.
Ram issues seem to be the most common.

If a motherboard is having a problem with ram, it will restart several times, trying to find a ram setting that works.
Is your ram a single stick?
If two sticks, are they both from a matched kit?

Another possibility is a poor quality psu. The corsair VS series are tier 5/6 on this list:

Solution

chumlee231101

Prominent
Aug 24, 2019
I just checked mobo pins, they seem to be in position. Till yesterday I had three RAM sticks of different frequency. I removed two of them and now there's only one RAM stick (HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3) . Still the Problem persists.
I'll try another PSU.
Thanks.

I just checked mobo pins, they seem to be in position. Till yesterday I had three RAM sticks of different frequency. I removed two of them and now there's only one RAM stick (HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3) . Still the Problem persists.
I'll try another PSU.
Thanks.

Some motherboards don't like certain ram and vice versa. Try with other single stick ram until it boots without issue. Also try different slots to delineate the issue. Load bios defaults each time you change ram configuration. It's also wrong to mix different ram. And yes, it could also be a blown psu

Reactions: chumlee231101

jacko.mj4

Honorable
Nov 9, 2017
Google 'Carey Holzman' on youtube and 'computer problem other techs could not fix'. He will explain how to diagnose computer problems. Best practice is just have the components connected to the motherboard needed to boot into the bios. Hope this helps.

Terpinator

Reputable
Apr 12, 2017
Have you tried checking the thermal paste and re-seating the heatsink? If the CPU is getting too hot the PC could be shutting down to prevent damage. Years ago I installed a heatsink that did not make full contact with the CPU and the computer would boot momentarily and then just shot off.

TRENDING THREADS