[SOLVED] pc crashes 5 times a day

Mr.snobdam

Commendable
Feb 9, 2020
i built a gaming pc a month ago but since 5 days it crashes all the time and i dont know why. i hope someone can help.
i run windows 10 and every time it crashes it gives a blue screen with a sad smily

Solution
A few things for you to try.
  1. look in reliability monitor at error reports that might give a clue to whats going on.
  2. run dxdiag
  3. run windows memory test , I got sad smile when a ram stick went down , note... if memory diagnosis reports a fault it wont tell you which stick so you will have to check each one on its own.

1. open device manager and look for anything with a yellow triangle.
  2. right click hard drive icon / properties and scan.
  3. DONT keep hard restarting with power button as you will eventually corrupt files and might not get to a recovery console.
What you are describing is usually caused by a hardware failure , what are your componants please.
  1. look in reliability monitor at error reports that might give a clue to whats going on.
  2. run dxdiag
  3. run windows memory test , I got sad smile when a ram stick went down , note... if memory diagnosis reports a fault it wont tell you which stick so you will have to check each one on its own.

1. open device manager and look for anything with a yellow triangle.
  3. DONT keep hard restarting with power button as you will eventually corrupt files and might not get to a recovery console.
What you are describing is usually caused by a hardware failure , what are your componants please.

Last edited:
Solution

Mr.snobdam

Commendable
Feb 9, 2020
  2. run dxdiag

1. open device monitor and look for anything with a yellow triangle.
my specs are:
cpu:amd ryzen 5 2600x
motherboard:asrock b450m pro4
graphics card:xfx radeon rx 5700 dd ultra 8gb gddr6
hdd:toshiba p300 2tb bulk
32gb of ddr4 ram
ssd:adata xpgsx6000 lite 256gb