Question PC crashes after closing Modern Warfare ?

Jul 6, 2021
So I am new to this forum and I hope this is the place to post this.

I recently bought a prebuilt about a week ago. It's great, runs well (a little hot) no complaints really.
The ONE issue I am having is when I quit out of modern warfare.
I can play every game with no issues, they all run smooth. MW, destiny 2, warframe, Minecraft, they all run fine and all of them quit to desktop after playing perfectly fine EXCEPT Modern Warfare. When I quit modern warfare my PC will completely freeze after about 15 seconds, no BSOD it just freezes and I have to hard shut it down with the power button.

PC specs:

Windows 10
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 Ultra
MOBO: Asus TUF gaming X570-PLUS (WIFI)
PSU: EVGA 700W 80 plus gold
RAM: Oloy DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) 3000mhz
CASE: Rosewill Prism S500 ATX mid tower
CPU Cooler: Thermaltake UX100 (will be replacing soon for liquid AIO)
Storage 1: MSI M370 1TB M.2 SSD (Windows boot)
Storage 2: Crucial BX500 2TB SSD

Information:
  • When the crash happens I see no errors in problem reports besides "system did not shut down correctly"
  • I have XMP running for the ram sticks, I have tried both auto profiles and XMP. Neither have any affect on the issue
  • Ram sticks are in slots 2 and 4
  • I believe the CPU came OCd. Have not tried to change this
  • I don't think the GPU is OCd (I am also not sure how to check this)
  • Nvidia Control panel: I have power management set to "Maximum Performance." This also did not fix the issue.
  • BIOS is up to date
  • Graphics Driver version is 30.0.14.7111
  • geforce driver is 471.11
  • Even running Heaven Benchmark 4.0 on ultra settings does not cause this issue.

I am not sure what other information I can give to help diagnose the issue, if there is any please let me know and I will find out. Thank you in advance for your help.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? If you're on the latest, meaning no BIOS updates pending(when cross referencing the motherboard maker's support site), then manually input the frequency, voltage and timings found on your ram kit's sticker(on it's side or the packaging) into BIOS.

You can try and use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and then reinstall them with the latest(same) drivers found off Nvidia in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

What version of Windows 10 are you on?