[SOLVED] PC Crashes After Logging In To Desktop GTX 1080 RGB Blinking White

Averypants

Reputable
Jun 16, 2017
Please Help! I am having an issue where, upon logging into windows, my monitor goes black, RBG for the mouse and keyboard turn off, and my GTX 1080 RBG lighting starts blinking between white and orange. I have had this build for 3 years now and never had any issues, and all of a sudden this starts happening out of the blue. Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong? Below is the details for my build and troubleshooting I've already done.

Build
AMD Ryzen 5 1600
Asus PRIME X370-PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard
Asus GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Corsair Vengeance 16gb (4x8) DDR4 - 3200
EVGA G2 550W 80+gold

T/S
Deep clean
Check Cabling and connections
Move GPU to other PCI Slot
Opened Bios, set to "normal" performance mode - 1 fan was showing red in bios but spun up and turned white after about 2 minutes

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions as to what to try next or needs more information please let me know. My next step is going to be swapping the PSU to see if it's a power issue.

Thank you for your help

Solution
Just fixed it. Turns out a recent Windows Update caused some issues. When booting up after a crash, windows said that it did not initiate correctly. Going to Advanced options>troubleshoot>uninstall recent update I was able to uninstall the most recent "quality update" and after another restart, everything was fine.

Lesson learned - do the easy stuff first. By this time I had swapped PSU's and Graphics cards trying to determine where the fault was. Waste of a few hours just to find a 5-minute fix.

Averypants

Reputable
Jun 16, 2017
Just fixed it. Turns out a recent Windows Update caused some issues. When booting up after a crash, windows said that it did not initiate correctly. Going to Advanced options>troubleshoot>uninstall recent update I was able to uninstall the most recent "quality update" and after another restart, everything was fine.

Lesson learned - do the easy stuff first. By this time I had swapped PSU's and Graphics cards trying to determine where the fault was. Waste of a few hours just to find a 5-minute fix.

Solution