PC Crashes after "Windows is Loading Files"

PeppermintFangs

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2015
A little background is necessary here, so bear with me! I recently upgraded my system from an FX 6350 to an i7 6700k, and therefor changed motherboards in the act. I foolishly forgot this meant a clean install of windows, and now I'm left with a PC that will crash whenever I try to load windows.

This, however, is not the problem. The problem is that after creating a bootable USB, my system refuses to recognize it in UEFI mode. If I'm in UEFI + Legacy mode, I can find the USB stick in the boot menu; once selected, it says "windows is loading files" then crashes shortly after. My HDD has not been wiped, but shouldn't I be able to install windows on my SSD, or at least get to a place where I can make this choice through the bootable usb?

Thanks in advance for the help!

PeppermintFangs

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2015

Can't find that anywhere in the bios... I've checked under the security tab, boot, and pretty much everything else in the advanced settings. Where would it be?

Vasil_1

Commendable
Dec 4, 2016

That depends on your board. Given your board model this video might help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnBSNfmiXng

Solution