Question PC crashes and beeps

Mar 20, 2023
An hour ago I was playing Overwatch with some of my friends when my PC shut down and both my screens immediately went to black. There was a quick beep when my PC crashed. Nothing crazy happened in the game to warrant such a crash. The same thing occurred 3 hours before when I was playing Halo Infinite. I doubt it has to do with the power since I have the PC connected to the UPS. I checked event viewer and couldn't find anything from that time to indicate the cause of the crash. I really need help to diagnose the problem with this PC because I've had so many issues with it and it's only been 2 months since I built it.

PC SPECS:
Ryzen 7 5800x
32gb memory (2x16 Corsair Vengeance) 3600 MHz (I've been running it at 2133 MHz because DOCP makes my PC unstable)
MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDRR6
1TB Samsung SSD
Corsair RMx Series (2021), RM850x, 850 Watts
Fractal Design Celsius s24 AIO (Older model)
6 Case fans (Including 2 AIO fans)

Mar 20, 2023
What is your motherboard make/model and have you updated the BIOS to the most recent version available for it?

What are your idle and loaded operating temperatures?

Are you overclocking anything?
Asus TUF Gaming Motherboard X570-PLUS (WIFI). At Idle I get around 36-45 degrees Celsius. I am not manually overclocking anything. I haven't updated my bios since I got my motherboard.

Last edited:
IF D.O.C.P makes your PC unstable then there is either a problem with the board, the CPU, the mounting of the CPU cooler (Unevenly tightened CPU coolers can cock the CPU in the socket making it act like bent pins), a physical problem with the memory OR the memory is simply not compatible with the motherboard and I can tell you from TRUCKLOADS of experience in this area that Corsair Vengeance memory kits are HIGH on the list of problem children when it comes to Ryzen chipsets.

For example: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...mory-instability-issue.3798762/#post-22945477

I'd just about guarantee that if you purchase a compatible memory kit (That is either on the memory manufacturer's compatibility list for that motherboard or on the motherboard's QVL list) you won't have further problems with enabling the D.O.C.P configuration so that it runs at the XMP profile settings. And if you can't run the kit at it's profile settings then running it at the default settings is just a band aid and might even fully be the reason why you are experiencing problems even now. Might also not be, but I would not bet against it.

Also, you did not answer the Col's question regarding the BIOS. What is your currently installed BIOS version?

TRENDING THREADS