Jan 13, 2020
Hi all.

The specs of my PC are as follows:

Intel i9-9900k
RTX 3070Ti
1TB SSD, 2TB HDD
16GB 3000mhz RAM
Corsair RM750 PSU
Corsair liquid coolers and like 3 other fans.

I crash on these games: Mordhau, CoD: Modern Warfare (2019), Elden Ring.

Mordhau possibly should be exempt from this list as all my friends that play that game, say it crashes for them anyway. Though my PC is somewhat "good" and there's are considerably lower end, so I wouldn't expect these crashes on the game but I think it's more to do with the game than my PC itself.

Next is CoD: Modern Warfare. I have started playing this game recently again and it never used to crash on my old PC which was a low end, budget PC I built back in 2013. However, I have been consistently been crashing.

Also in Elden Ring, I have been crashing, not frequently but still much more usually than I'd expect from my high-end PC.

I could possibly blame the optimisation of the aforementioned games however, I drew the last straw when my PC began consistently having blue screen crashes. It happens quite frequently and typically while I'm gaming. This has led me to believe that it's a fault to do with my PC. From a quick, google search I discovered that my PSU may be at fault here as all of the crashes and issues that have been occurring with my PC correlate with a faulty PSU. However, I am nowhere near an expert and hence am here to ask for advice.

What is likely to be at fault here in my PC? Is there something else it could be other than my PSU? If you need me to provide any more information, please ask.

I appreciate anyone that is willing to help!

Solution
Hi all.

Intel i9-9900k
RTX 3070Ti
1TB SSD, 2TB HDD
16GB 3000mhz RAM
Corsair RM750 PSU

Mordhau possibly should be exempt from this list as all my friends that play that game, say it crashes for them anyway. Though my PC is somewhat "good" and there's are considerably lower end, so I wouldn't expect these crashes on the game but I think it's more to do with the game than my PC itself.

Next is CoD: Modern Warfare. I have started playing this game recently again and it never used to crash on my old PC which was a low end, budget PC I built back in 2013. However, I have been...
Hi all.

Intel i9-9900k
RTX 3070Ti
1TB SSD, 2TB HDD
16GB 3000mhz RAM
Corsair RM750 PSU

Next is CoD: Modern Warfare. I have started playing this game recently again and it never used to crash on my old PC which was a low end, budget PC I built back in 2013. However, I have been consistently been crashing.

Also in Elden Ring, I have been crashing, not frequently but still much more usually than I'd expect from my high-end PC.

I could possibly blame the optimisation of the aforementioned games however, I drew the last straw when my PC began consistently having blue screen crashes. It happens quite frequently and typically while I'm gaming. This has led me to believe that it's a fault to do with my PC. From a quick, google search I discovered that my PSU may be at fault here as all of the crashes and issues that have been occurring with my PC correlate with a faulty PSU. However, I am nowhere near an expert and hence am here to ask for advice.

What is likely to be at fault here in my PC? Is there something else it could be other than my PSU? If you need me to provide any more information, please ask.

try this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Make sure ram is on slot 2 and 4
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 16 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• restart the pc to bios, Flash to the latest bios, then after updating bios go to bios again, then load default or optimized settings, then save and exit.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver, IO Drivers, and ME Driver, then reboot, and then connect to internet.

• Install the latest gpu driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them (except chipset in optional update).

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png

Solution

fbMfBlithe

Commendable
Jan 13, 2020
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 16 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• restart the pc to bios, Flash to the latest bios, then after updating bios go to bios again, then load default or optimized settings, then save and exit.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver, IO Drivers, and ME Driver, then reboot, and then connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them (except chipset in optional update).

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png
How do I install the latest chipset, ME etc drivers without internet?

fbMfBlithe

Commendable
Jan 13, 2020
Okej,
    unknown.png

unknown.png
Okej I've done everything.

I'll keep you updated on how things go.

Appreciate the help a lot bro! It means a lot.

fbMfBlithe

Commendable
Jan 13, 2020
Ok, so only 1 cable from the PSU was connected to the GPU, so the same cable with a branch. I'm tryna find another cable that i can use to connect to the GPU.

The MB is a Gigabyte Aorus Master z390.

fbMfBlithe

Commendable
Jan 13, 2020
suspecting the ram and the gpu itself.. unless you could try to test both ram and gpu on another pc and it turned out fine, then something else..
I mean the gpu was bought at retail so if it’s a factory defect, idk if nvidia would even replace it knowing how bad their stock is atm. The ram idk. I didnt have these issues until i installed my new gpu. Is it possible i havent installed it correctly? Like it’s not fully attached to the mother board?

I mean the gpu was bought at retail so if it’s a factory defect, idk if nvidia would even replace it knowing how bad their stock is atm. The ram idk. I didnt have these issues until i installed my new gpu. Is it possible i havent installed it correctly? Like it’s not fully attached to the mother board?
Check it yourself. If GPU tested on pc and it's busted, then gpu busted. Eliminate every part possible by interchanging it

Apr 16, 2022
Hi all.

Intel i9-9900k
RTX 3070Ti
1TB SSD, 2TB HDD
16GB 3000mhz RAM
Corsair RM750 PSU

Is the GPU attached to a separate header rather as being daisy chained on a same cable? Also, what is the motherboard in this case here?

TRENDING THREADS