Apr 5, 2020
I build a pc for the first time and I am having problems with it, it keeps crashing and restarting when i play games. Sometimes I can play a game for 3 hours without crashing and sometimes it crashes after 10 seconds into the game. I don't know what to do, I stress tested my gpu and cpu and ran diagnostics on my ram. Everything worked and it didn't crash. I don't know what to do or what the issue could be so I came here hoping for a solution. (It's 8 days old so I can RMA the parts, I just wouldn't know what part to send back)

PC specs:
GPU: Gigabyte Geforce RTX Super Windforce OC 3X
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming x570-plus
Ram: Corsair DDR4 Vengeance RGB Pro 2x8GB 3600Mhz
Psu: Cooler master MWE Gold 750 Full Modular
Storage: Samsung 850 evo 500gb and Crucial p1 1TB M.2 ssd
Case(don't think it matters but added it anyway): Nzxt H510 Elite Black

It may depend on the game, too - you did not say what game are you talking about (or all games?). I still wonder why I still crash on League as my PC is almost fully changed, except for the mobo and 2 ram sticks, that were fully checked. I think it has something to do with them game updates...damn. Old games also can have issues with newer software.
It may be something with the video card, and something else, but before sending things, u can try some more detection software.

Apr 5, 2020
It may depend on the game, too - you did not say what game are you talking about (or all games?). I still wonder why I still crash on League as my PC is almost fully changed, except for the mobo and 2 ram sticks, that were fully checked. I think it has something to do with them game updates...damn. Old games also can have issues with newer software.
It may be something with the video card, and something else, but before sending things, u can try some more detection software.
At first I thought it was happening only with the game cod warzone, but when it started happening on other games aswell, like csgo, I came to the conclusion that is was a hardware failure.
Do you recommend any detection software, because I wouldn't know what to use.

Apr 5, 2020
What program used for memory test? Memtest from techpowerup?
I used the Windows Memory Diagnostic to test my memory and it said everything was fine. I just tried memtest from techpowerup and something weird happened, my screen went all grey and black and nothing loaded in, I had to restart to fix it, can this mean my memory is the problem?
edit: the pc didn't crash tho

What happens to me is the pc getting much slower and less responsive - and as the program says sometimes, it's OK.
But screen all grey and black? You can try it again wait 5-10 minutes, and if it happens repeatedly this way, without getting back to the normal screen, then it may be a sign of something.

Apr 5, 2020
What happens to me is the pc getting much slower and less responsive - and as the program says sometimes, it's OK.
But screen all grey and black? You can try it again wait 5-10 minutes, and if it happens repeatedly this way, without getting back to the normal screen, then it may be a sign of something.
The first time it failed because it had to many programs open I think, I tried it again and it ran for over 40 mins and the test finished with 0 errors detected, this time no black screens.

Well, it may be really difficult. What comes next to my mind:
  1. drivers for the gpu - usually latest are recommended, rarely people prefer older
  2. bios version - usually latest is recommended, less likely people prefer older
  3. something too or improperly overclocked - maybe cpu or else
  4. graphics too up - if u turn them lower, it may be situationally better
  5. putting out the gpu and seein what happens if on integrated graphics (maybe also uninstall the rtx-gpu driver).
This would also need the graphics down for some more fps, I guess. But it may help detect an issue.
  1. bios reset...well, i dunno for this one. Maybe.
  2. I don't feel like the psu would do such stuff, so it's most likely not with a problem
  3. does it happen when offline gaming, too, or only if online gaming? I dunno if u tried.

Apr 5, 2020
Well, it may be really difficult. What comes next to my mind:
  1. drivers for the gpu - usually latest are recommended, rarely people prefer older
  2. bios version - usually latest is recommended, less likely people prefer older
  3. something too or improperly overclocked - maybe cpu or else
  4. graphics too up - if u turn them lower, it may be situationally better
  5. putting out the gpu and seein what happens if on integrated graphics (maybe also uninstall the rtx-gpu driver).
This would also need the graphics down for some more fps, I guess. But it may help detect an issue.
  1. bios reset...well, i dunno for this one. Maybe.
  2. I don't feel like the psu would do such stuff, so it's most likely not with a problem
  3. does it happen when offline gaming, too, or only if online gaming? I dunno if u tried.

I got the latest gpu drivers, the latest bios version.
I have the rtx 2070 super OC so it comes overclocked. Other than this I haven't overclocked anything.
I have tried the lowest, highest and in between settings in games but it didn't make a difference.
The pc only crashes when in games so I don't think trying it on integrated graphics will help because I wouldn't be able to test it. (I will try to reinstall gpu drivers tho)

Do you think a bios reset would help ? I just got it new so i thought that couldn't be the problem.
You are probably right about the psu.
I has only happened in online games I think, I play hitman 2 and that hasn't crashed even once, I did play it less than the online games tho so I could have been lucky.

Thank you for trying to help me btw

As u wish. Bios resets are usually done for other purposes, but I don't know what else to be done. Nothing else comes to my mind apart of these things.
Maybe someone smarter than me can say somethin
If not, mb take the whole sys to the service, or phone them, mb some incompatibility is the reason.

Apr 5, 2020
Uh... I thought it shouldn't be cuz it seems a high-quality one, and its wattage covers the other things
( https://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator )
They tend to recommend 850 w-psus, but usually 750 should be more than enough.

Bad luck? Well, it is a relatively cheap&ez part, so I'd say you are pretty lucky.
GJ anyway. U can share what's the new psu.
Yes that's true I guess I am lucky. I am glad I found the problem.
I ordered the NZXT E850 power supply unit 850 W ATX

TRENDING THREADS