Dec 26, 2019
So, yesterday and the day before, I was able to play Monster Hunter World for a couple hours in one sitting. Today I tried playing and three times my computer crashed within minutes of launching the game. I monitored my temps, nothing was out of the ordinary. I just got a new GPU about a month ago, so I doubt it's that. I've played other games without any issues, maybe not as graphic intensive as MHW, but my computer isn't overheating and my GPU is definitely able to handle this game so I'm not sure what else to check for. Any help would be much appreciated

Specs:
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Super
MOBO: Asus Prime x470-pro
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200g
PSU: EVGA Supernova 650 G3 80 plus Gold 650W
16gb of ram

Solution
Sounds like either the PSU is dying or driver issue. PC's usually restart or crash when under load to protect themselves. Does the PC crash/restart only when under load (gaming)? Try another wall outlet. Your PSU is very good but it may be a faulty unit. Do you have a spare PSU you can borrow to test your system with?
Sounds like either the PSU is dying or driver issue. PC's usually restart or crash when under load to protect themselves. Does the PC crash/restart only when under load (gaming)? Try another wall outlet. Your PSU is very good but it may be a faulty unit. Do you have a spare PSU you can borrow to test your system with?

Solution