Question PC crashes and turns off with 3070 but not 750ti...HELP!!!

cstorey987

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2015
My PC crashes and turns off or short circuits when I try to play a game with my 3070 GPU. But I tried swapping in an old 750ti and it works without a problem. Could this be a PSU related problem? I had another PSU that burnt up and took an ssd with it, the new PSU is 80plus gold 850 w but its used. Im wondering if this is a PSU issue or if my 3070 is fried. I got COD Cold WAr to work on all low settings and dlss ultra performance. What do yall think???

The Nvidia 3xxx cards can have a momentary transient spike of power usage. All GPU's have this, but the 3xxx series have large spikes. If the PSU sees this, it can mistake it for a short, and automatically shuts the PSU down, crashing the system. PSU makers blame the GPU makers, and vice versa.

cstorey987

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2015
PC Part Picker lists Seasonic with 10 PSUs with this output and efficiency rating. Which model?

We're not even in the diagnostic part of this, this is just collecting the most basic information about the hardware. It would be a good idea to go ahead and list the rest of your exact specs as well.
Its a Seasonic x series, I also have a 5800x 32 gb of t force vulcan z 3200 ram, an ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi) mobo, asus dual fan 3070.

cstorey987

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2015
The Nvidia 3xxx cards can have a momentary transient spike of power usage. All GPU's have this, but the 3xxx series have large spikes. If the PSU sees this, it can mistake it for a short, and automatically shuts the PSU down, crashing the system. PSU makers blame the GPU makers, and vice versa.
Would a better rated psu be a possible solution?