Question PC crashes during gaming with sound looping

Nov 2, 2019
pc specs:
Windows 8.1 pro (clean install)
GPU: nvidia gtx760 (drivers up to date)
CPU: intel core i5-4600 90 3.50GHZ
MOBO: MSI Z97 gaming 3 (bios up to date)
RAM: 8GB ram (new sticks with 4gb)
PSU: cooler master B700

problem:
Hey everybody,

I have an issue with my pc. It shuts down during gameplay and the sound gets stuck in a sortof loop after a few seconds too. My screen usually becomes black, but can also turn solid orange or blue. I have to manually turn the pc off. It also gets stuck occasionally on a bootloop where my fan starts a few seconds and then shuts down, only to do the same thing again a few seconds later. I cant find anything in the event viewer (only critical error kernel 41 63, but thats me shutting the pc down manually when its stuck). During gameplay all values (gpu, cpu etc.) seems to be running smooth untill the crash. I checked this with msi afterburner (which i deinstalled after reading it might be that... its not that).

I have installed the latest drivers for my GPU and I updated my bios but this didnt work. I also reinstalled windows but this didnt work either so i am fairly sure it is a hardware problem. The first thing I tried was to replace my ram with 2 new sticks to no avail. Other ram slots didnt work as well and I also checked the temps, they were fine.

Due to the bootloop I think its either my mobo, cpu or psu. I have no spare parts of these things. Does anyone have a clue what this might be or how I should test which part is failing?

also no clue where to place this thread sorry mods
thanks in advance

Nov 2, 2019
Can u possibly run a GPU stability test such as Heaven benchmark? And see if you can replicate the problem within?

That would let us know if its a gpu issue, which is sounds like it is.

As soon as the heavenbenchmark started my pc crashed again so I think its indeed the gpu. I thought it wasn't the gpu because you dont need the gpu to start a pc right? So that doesnt explain the bootloops I'm afraid.

Also thanks everybody all for helping me :)

Edit: or could this also have something to do with the mobo? I'm just assuming its the gpu now.

Last edited:
As soon as the heavenbenchmark started my pc crashed again so I think its indeed the gpu. I thought it wasn't the gpu because you dont need the gpu to start a pc right? So that doesnt explain the bootloops I'm afraid.

Also thanks everybody all for helping me :)

Edit: or could this also have something to do with the mobo? I'm just assuming its the gpu now.

I would say #1 mobo, #2 GPU.