PC crashes during intense game moments ( loads of rends/effects)

Lostwelshman

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017
so i have this issue that im baffled about and before i start switching in new parts i wanted to see if there was a simple fix im missing, here is what happened i got some hand me down parts from my dad, good parts hardly used to their full potential.

put the computer together it worked loaded windows installed everything all was good.

i put a game on and whenever i went into a fight that involved lots of graphics and effects moving and stuff the PC crashed by crashed i mean the computer just went dead and then turned itself back on and everything went back to normal.

i went and got a stress test program Prime95 ran it on the blend test with 4 tests running the computer went fine and coretemp never went higher than 50degrees no crash, downloaded FurMark and ran that at 1920 benchmark and it worked fine even came out at the usual score that my graphic card should reach and the temp was fine, i ran the both together and the second i got the furmark test to run after the prime95 the computer turnt off and came back on, i have a 850w power supply so it should be ok

PC Specs:
Intel Core i5 6600k
Maximus VIII Hero
Radeon HD 7970 GPU
DDR4 2133mhz RAM

850w PSU's come in many different brands and ratings but determining weather it is enough for the system is difficult due to quality of the PSU what brand and model is it because from what your saying it clearly is not enough.
PSU Tier list tier 1-2 are good for gaming
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

I would recommend an EVGA SuperNova Gold G2 / GS / GQ, Platinum P2 / PS, or Titanium T2 or a Seasonic M12-II Evo or S12-II

GOOD PSU EVGA is a B2, G2, P2, GS, PS, or T2. Avoid the EVGA B1 and G1 series

Lostwelshman

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017

The PSU is a Corsair TX850M, honestly not strong on comparing them and finding out the best parts, which i should clue myself up tbh