Pc crashes everytime i play a game around 2min

iqbasil

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012
my pc crashes after about 2min of me playing any game online like guildwar2 or starcraft 2 , but league of legends works fine . when the game crashes the audio gets messed up then it just clicks off and everything freezes . i have to do a hard reset to fix it . no blue screen when this happens

first thing i looked at was gpu and cpu temp and they were all normal around 38c no load and around 50-55c under heavy load . i have a half case and i have new heat sink on the cpu and gpu. All the fans are working and iv tested them at diffrent speeds. so i can rule out a heat problem.

then i was told sounds like a power supply issue. i had a 740w power supply and i upgraded to a 800w and the problem continues. my system was running just fine on the 740w before i was having the problem. and it should run fine on a 600w but the new one is 800w just to make sure i had enuff. so its not the power supply.

i had a 6800 hd radeon gpu just to make sure that wasnt the problem i upgraded to a 7800 hd and that didnt fix it.

i did a ram test and it came out good i tested both and i tested each one separate. i have two 4g vengence sticks 8g total.

i have a fatality1 z68 mobo

i checked all drivers and they are all up to date , i tryed rolling them back and that didnt fix the problem.

i have a i5 processer .

running windows 7 pro.

im going to replace my harddrive and see if that works but im just trying to figure out what could cuase the problem if anyone knows how to fix or find out the problem please replay and thanks for your help

Bromeh

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012

What's the brand of the psu ? Poor brand will make those kind of things.

-The Brownie

Hi - I have the same suspicion as bromeh. You may have an insufficient power supply.
Please post make/model of your PSU.

It's not the watts I'm concerned about, it is the quality of the psu.

Tom

OK - PSU quality isn't the issue, those are both good.

I assume you deleted and swept(driver sweeper or similar)
all older gpu drivers and reinstalled updated drivers from the amd website
and not from the cd included with the card.

If not, that's the 1st step.

iqbasil

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012
iv tryed everything i can think of im at the point were its probly my mobo or cpu cuz thats the last 2 things i have to replace after today. im getting a ssd harddrive later tonight that should fix any harddrive or virus problems im not saving a thing from the old harddrive

Bromeh

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012

Ssd's are not hard drives they are "Solid State Drives" lol

And you should really do what toyftw said and if it dosen't work it might be a video card problem OR the cpu not getting enough power which i wouldn't even consider in this case ... Try to go for onboard graphics and if it works get another video card to ry it, maybe Rma the one you have.

- The Brownie

adamv1

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013
No BSOD? Can you check windows error reports for problems?

Most memory issues cause a BSOD error, this includes memory on you graphics card. However I have 9800gx2 that had a bad memory leak. After an hour or sometimes a few minutes in some games I would get repeated audio, same sound over and over, no picture and no response from the game. Try alt-tab when this happens to see if you can switch programs.
Unfortunately for me that problem couldn't be fixed so I have a half working 9800gx2 if anybody want's it. By your description of the problem I think it is the graphics card.

iqbasil

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012

i replaced the gpu already still had the same problem