PC CRASHES EVERYTIME I TRY TO PLAY HIGH QUALITY GAMES! (Thanks ahead of time)

Ju____

Reputable
Dec 25, 2015
Hi so I recently bought a new pc prebuilt from a build master guy so it didnt come with a graphics card installed so I installed my new zotac gtx 960. I installed drivers and everything. So I start playing csgo on ULTRA everything at 110 fps. Then I decide wow what would this graphics card do with gta v so I install gta v and put it at ultra settings getting about 40 fps. So I set the settings and go into the game and 1 min into the game my pc crashes. I try again crash. So then I installed 3dmark. Runs all the tests until the last one CRASH. So then I installed whocrashed and found out it was whea_uncorrectable_error which appartantly is hardware failure or driver incompatablility. So I reinstall drivers I wipe every nvidia thing off I went in myself and made sure everything was gone restarted and then installed drivers again. SAME THING HAPPENS. Could someone please explain to me what I could do to fix this? Thank you very much for taking the time to solve this issue.

Specs:
Graphics card: Zotac Nvidia Gtx 960

Processor AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor

Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

RAM 16 GB

Power supply is 450 watts (Have 1000W Supply if needed but dont really know how to install)

Solution

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

yeah try 1000w

there are videos on youtube that show what needs to be done when installing a psu

Solution

Ju____

Reputable
Dec 25, 2015

I tried what you said and it did the same stuff.

Edit.
Tried again I didnt wait long enough first time now everything works great. I stuck my seperate 1000w supply outside of case powering gtx 960 works like a charm ultra settings gta v 60fps

fisco

Honorable
Mar 14, 2013
You might have a faulty ram. If you have several dimms try only with one. It might be a graphic card faliure , some functions might not work. Have you tried to reinstall the os?