PC crashes/freezes during stress test

Emmaaaan

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017
I had my first PC build, installed it with a fresh instal of windows 10 and updated all its necessary drivers. I use Intel Extreme Tuning Utility (XTU) for the stress tests and it freezes at about 45 seconds into the test. I have no idea what is wrong with my PC but during some research, I think the problem it either the RAM I got, which is bought separately in two 8gig sticks or the processor in which the man who assembled it put too much thermal paste. During the stress test, HWMonitor says the processor's temp hover around 65-80. I have not done any CPU overclock but my temps seem to be on the high side for an AIO liquid cooler.

Full PC Specifications:
Intel Core i7-6700K
ASUS GTX1060 STRIX 6GB
ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming Aura
Cooler Master Seidon 120V
16GB (2x8GB) Kingston HyperX Fury Black 2400MHz
Cougar 750W 80+ Gold Power Supply
Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
Windows 10 Home Single Language

Emmaaaan

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017

I plan to overclock the cpu just a bit, since I threw an extra just to be able to. My worry is that my CPU that was supposed to be stable at the default speed is not stable at stress tests.

Emmaaaan

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017
Replaced the Motherboard and it worked, too much thermal paste was applied to the cpu which caused some of it to go to the mobo probobly breaking it. CPU temps are now at 70C peak at full load. :)