Pc crashes, freezes or gets BSOD up to and more than 10 times daily (includes dump files)

Peowdie

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2014
Here's my problem. Ever since I bought this pc, it has been faulty in some way. Either it crashes, simply freezes or hands me a BSOD. I've called the PC seller several times, and he told me to test the rams. So I've took my ram out, and tested them one by one, in both ram slots. So when ram block 1 crashed in slot 1, I put it into slot 2, and kept going until it crashed again. After testing both my rams, getting crashes in all 4 tests, I am starting to exclude those being the problem.

The funny part is, when I'm doing something less requiring stuff online, like watching a movie, it crashes like there's no tomorrow. Prior to this message, I've had 3 crashes within 15 minutes of a movie. But when I work it, like playing Battlefield 3, the heat rises to around 55-65 degrees celsius without any problems.

My computer specs look like this:

• CPU: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor @ 3.50 GHz
    Ram: 2x Kingston HyperX Blu 8gb
    Graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
    Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)
    Main Circuit Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. M5A78L-M LX Rev X.0x

If something else is missing, please let me know.

I've pasted some dump files into pastebin, from 3 different crashed.

Dump one
Dump two
Crash three

What I'm hoping to get out of this, is a direction of what may cause it, and what can't be the cause, so I can call my pc seller, and say what's more likely, so he can fix it faster. I'm running slight desperate, since this has been going on for over half a year, driving me to the edge of insanity.

Thanks in advance,
Jonas.

TheMooMooTV

Honorable
Apr 29, 2013
Right, your first 2 crashes have indicated a fatal hardware error has occured. The 0x124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR is a generic error so the crash dumps conatin very little preactical information. Your 3rd crash however points to your processor not generating any interrupts. The processor became unresponsive so windows crashed. It does say the driver responsible was nvlddmkm.sys which is an Nvidia system file. I would run prime95 but I would not let temperatures exceed 65 degrees Celsius as anything higher can damage AMD cpus. I would run it for 6-12 hours personally. but keep monitoring it every now and then as you don't want to overheat your CPU.

Peowdie

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2014

Okay, so the hardware error, does that mean a component is broken and unfixable (has to be changed)?

I'm gonna give Prime95 a shot, and see how it goes, thanks. :)

TRENDING THREADS