Question PC crashes multiple times without high load ?

Jul 15, 2024
I think I might have a similar problem to https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ly-once-per-day-under-no-load-stress.3641746/ , but I cant open any links in the thread, and my PC crashes multiple times. This all happened after a widows update, though correlation isnt causation.

Specs:
motherboard is MSI B450 pro-vdh max
ASRock Phantom Gaming X Vega 56
16GB RAM
Ryzen 5 2600
1TB SMART Patriot P200 1 TB WD 5k speed
Fan is be quiet dark rock slim

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2024
brand and model of the psu?
cpu/gpu temp?
malware scan the system?
bequiet 100-240 Vac
cpu/gpu temp Ill check

I'll just let the system run for a while and wait to see the temp at crash, after that I'll check my PSU.
I also just read on twitter (user @Killdeerr) that microsoft is having global cloud service outages, which might be the cause of this problem

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2024
And find the make and model information for the motherboard.

Type "System Information" in the oval search box - lower left screen.
bequiet pure power 11
cpu/gpu temp I'll check - It hasn't crashed today since I installed hwinfo, so I cant tell whether temp was an issue

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Motherboard:

https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/B450MPRO-VDHMAX100x150.pdf

One potential issue is how the RAM was installed.

Provided that I found the applicable motherboard User Guide/Manual (verify) your motherboard requires that the first physically installed RAM be placed in DIMMA2.

Reference physically numbered Page 11 (Overview of Components) of the linked manual.

Overall: first review the manual step by step to ensure that all installed components are indeed supported and configured correctly.

Confirm that the RAM is likewise supported via the manufacturer's QVL, that the RAM is from a matched kit for dual channel use, and correctly slotted in the stated order (i.g., DIMMA2 first).

Check that all connections and seatings are fully and firmly in place. Remember jumpers and case connections.

And, as should always be being done, ensure that all important data is backed up at least 2 x to locations away from the pc in question.

Verify that the backups are recoverable and readable.