Question PC crashes (NO BSOD) randomly when playing a game but stable when idle & doing stress tests

Mar 7, 2022
Specs:
CPU - Ryzen 3600 @ 3.6 Ghz, no overclock & 1.28V
Memory - 2x16 GB G.Skill CL16 3200 Mhz @ 1.35V (default XMP profile)
Motherboard - MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
GPU - Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, no overclock
PSU - Corsair RM650

Stress Tests Ran:
CPU - Prime95 (Small FFTs); ran for a couple of hours w/ no overheating & no errors
Memory - Brand new; previous RAM tested using Memtest86 & was replaced after detecting errors
GPU - MSI Kombustor w/ Artifact checker; not overheating & no artifacts
PSU - Power OCCT; no issues after 90 minutes

Description of Crash:
No consistent time for when crash happens; sometimes its 10 minutes, other times it can be close to an hour. Computer force reboots w/ no BSOD & a generic crash error (Event ID 41). Previous crashes were caused by Event IDs 10110 & 10111 (HID Compliant Headset) which were handled. Crashes were also caused by faulty RAM which was replaced.

Games in Question:
Elden Ring
Lost Ark

Things I've already done:
  1. On a fresh Windows 11 install
  2. Reinstalled graphics drivers using DDU
  3. Disabled Fast Startup & HDD turning off after X minutes in Power Plan
  4. Updated BIOS to latest revision
  5. Replaced thermal paste on both CPU & GPU
  6. Swapped out motherboard & PSU w/ completely new ones; did not help & returned them afterwards
  7. Disabled Automatic Restart during a crash to check for dump files; seems like the crash is happening too fast for Windows to properly generate a dump file
After trying to figure out the sources of crashing for the last couple of days, I am completely lost at this point. I've gotten my system to the point where I can browse comfortably and complete work, but I cannot pinpoint the potential reasons for the random crashes occurring when I'm trying to play a game. I've seen other posts that connect crashes to Easy Anti-Cheat (which both games use), but that did not seem to be the issue after disabling it when playing Elden Ring. I've also seen posts linking crashes to specific graphics driver revisions, but going down the line of driver versions would take an ungodly amount of time. Is it still possible that this is happening due to a hardware issue even though the system seems to handle being maxed out fine? Are there specific driver versions that are known to be stable? Any direction I could be pointed towards would be appreciated.

Specs:
PSU - Corsair RM650

Stress Tests Ran:
CPU - Prime95 (Small FFTs); ran for a couple of hours w/ no overheating & no errors
Memory - Brand new; previous RAM tested using Memtest86 & was replaced after detecting errors

Description of Crash:
No consistent time for when crash happens; sometimes its 10 minutes, other times it can be close to an hour. Computer force reboots w/ no BSOD & a generic crash error (Event ID 41). Previous crashes were caused by Event IDs 10110 & 10111 (HID Compliant Headset) which were handled. Crashes were also caused by faulty RAM which was replaced.

Games in Question:
Elden Ring
Lost Ark

6. Swapped out motherboard & PSU w/ completely new ones; did not help & returned them afterwards
  7. Disabled Automatic Restart during a crash to check for dump files; seems like the crash is happening too fast for Windows to properly generate a dump file
After trying to figure out the sources of crashing for the last couple of days, I am completely lost at this point. I've gotten my system to the point where I can browse comfortably and complete work, but I cannot pinpoint the potential reasons for the random crashes occurring when I'm trying to play a game. I've seen other posts that connect crashes to Easy Anti-Cheat (which both games use), but that did not seem to be the issue after disabling it when playing Elden Ring. I've also seen posts linking crashes to specific graphics driver revisions, but going down the line of driver versions would take an ungodly amount of time. Is it still possible that this is happening due to a hardware issue even though the system seems to handle being maxed out fine? Are there specific driver versions that are known to be stable? Any direction I could be pointed towards would be appreciated.
To me sounds like a psu issue and the rev of Corsair psu you use is known to be faulty under random power spikes that occt doesn't normally produce, it's generally a issue in game at random points where the game has a massive pixel decoding file or what ever it happens a lot more then people think, however as you said you tried a new psu to it still persist, so question what was the new psu you tried.

Specs:
PSU - Corsair RM650

Stress Tests Ran:

Description of Crash:

Games in Question:
Elden Ring
Lost Ark

Ps when buy a Corsair ram series psu makes sure it's a Corsair rm550x rm650x just make sure it's a rmXXXx series not a rmXXX make sure it has the x it refined model with less issues

Mar 8, 2022
Specs:
PSU - Corsair RM650

Stress Tests Ran:

Description of Crash:

Games in Question:
Elden Ring
Lost Ark

Hey,

I ran in to exact the same problem for a few MONTHS now,

Seems turning the processor multiplier in the BIOS down a notch fixed the problem,
In my case from x36 (3600mhz) to x34.

I also tried everything else before (swap motherboard, memory) etc.
Hope this will help you, try it and let me know.

Hey,

I ran in to exact the same problem for a few MONTHS now,

Seems turning the processor multiplier in the BIOS down a notch fixed the problem,
In my case from x36 (3600mhz) to x34.

I also tried everything else before (swap motherboard, memory) etc.
Hope this will help you, try it and let me know.
This sounds like unstable currents causing the cpu not to be able to reach full potential, the both of you sounds like there's a issue in current stability what is your psu? And system speccs.