Question PC crashes no matter what under high load.

Aug 20, 2019
  • Ryzen 5 1600x.
  • CORSAIR VENGEANCE® LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz
  • MSI GAMING Radeon RX 470 GDDR5 4GB
  • Corsair™ CX550M — 550 Watt 80 PLUS® Bronze Certified Modular ATX PSU
My specs: ^^

Right, so basically. I've been experiencing crashes recently. Whilst running fortnite, I can run it more than easily @ 300fps for a long amount of timeswithout crashes. The issue comes with Far Cry 5. Whilst running FC5 @ 100% load; it seems to crash after like ~20 min. I've changed my psu yesterday, gpu last week, thermal paste on the cpu was replaced yesterday. The gpu runs at ~72c and the cpu runs at ~60c. If it's not the temp, not the cpu, not the psu, not the gpu, not the ram, could it be the HDD? Please help.

Steps I've taken.

1. Changed to a whole new PSU.
  2. Changed to a whole new GPU. (stock)
  3. Replaced thermal paste on CPU. (stock)
  4. Changed the ram sticks from slot 1-3 to 2-4.
  5. Tested the ram (nothing bad).
  6. Reset bios to defaults.

Aug 20, 2019
Did you try a fresh install of windows? Maybe its a software or driver related that you get the crashes. I would say to download DDU uninstaller and clean install the graphics driver.
I haven't tried a fresh install of windows. I'm about to run DDU, install my drivers. Then I'm going to run a full virus scan via avast and then check my HDD for bad sectors. Any other ideas?

I haven't tried a fresh install of windows. I'm about to run DDU, install my drivers. Then I'm going to run a full virus scan via avast and then check my HDD for bad sectors. Any other ideas?
I was playing with a almost dead hdd for some time before 2-3 years and it never game me a crash just big loading times. I believe its software or driver related. Does only the game crash and then you go to desktop or the computer crash at all and you have to restart?

Aug 20, 2019
I was playing with a almost dead hdd for some time before 2-3 years and it never game me a crash just big loading times. I believe its software or driver related. Does only the game crash and then you go to desktop or the computer crash at all and you have to restart?
It's completely random whilst playing the game at 100% load. The image just freezes to a full stop and I'm forced to restart using the button. Restarted my GPU drivers and still have the issue.

ALSO, scanned the drivers multiple times with Driver Easy, all of the drivers are updated.

Aug 20, 2019
Is you motherboard to the latest bios? If not i would try to the latest before ryzen 3000 bios. Also is your windows 10 fully updated at 1903 version? Many times i experience crashes even not at full load cause windows was not updated.
Where do I check the version of my bios? Version of windows seems to be up to date. And what irregularities am I looking for at the temps?

Where do I check the version of my bios? Version of windows seems to be up to date. And what irregularities am I looking for at the temps?
Type on search dxdiag or msinfo32 and you will find the version and tell me what is it. Open hwinfo and check sensors only. Look for for every core there is a VID and Clock you can check these while running a stress test. Also if you go down you can find VR Mos for vrm temps but your motherboard maybe dont have sensors for that not all motherboards have.

Aug 20, 2019
Type on search dxdiag or msinfo32 and you will find the version and tell me what is it. Open hwinfo and check sensors only. Look for for every core there is a VID and Clock you can check these while running a stress test. Also if you go down you can find VR Mos for vrm temps but your motherboard maybe dont have sensors for that not all motherboards have.
Do you have discord?

Aug 20, 2019
BIOS Version/Date: America Megatrends Inc. 3803, 1/22/2018
All core VIDs are at ~1.052v average (idle)
VIDs spike up to maximum 1.066v whilst stress testing MSI Kombustor.

BIOS Version/Date: America Megatrends Inc. 3803, 1/22/2018
All core VIDs are at ~1.052v average (idle)
VIDs spike up to maximum 1.066v whilst stress testing MSI Kombustor.
Your VID is low 1.25V is the stock volt and at full load 1.066v = crash. Your bios is old too from January 2018. I will start from updating that maybe it will solve the voltage issue otherwise raise up the volt manually.

Aug 20, 2019
Freezes can be memory related. Try slowing down memory frequency. Many Ryzen 1000 Series won't run right over 2600MHz.

Run MemTest86. If you get any errors, have the entire kit of memory replaced under warranty.
Running 2333mhz without an issue. Already said the memory was tested and was fine lol.

Issue solved. The voltage was locked.

Aug 20, 2019
How did you test the ram? Memtest 86 needs to run overnight for a good test. I found some one time that didn't show up until after 8 hrs. If it shows any error at all it can cause crashes.
I ran a standard windows check and I literally just told you that the ram is running without an issue and the solution was the VOLTAGE. Can you read?