PC crashes on new system

Nov 7, 2018
Hi there,

my newly build system keeps either shutting down my games after about 10-15 minutes (Overwatch, No Man's Sky etc) or on a few occasions even BSODing. (Sadly i dont remember the error code)

Im running:

ryzen 5 2600 at stock speed
16gb of G Skill Ripjaws RAM @3200mhz
Asus B450-Plus Motherboard
MSI GTX 1070ti, also at stock speed
Sharkoon WPM 600W PSU
also 2 SSDs and one HDD

Im using a fresh and up to date installation of Win10, updated the UEFI to the latest Version and ramped up the graphicscards fans in order to rule out a temperature problem. The CPU never goes beyond 75°C, and the graphicscard is struggling to reach 70°C using the latest Drivers.
I did some minor stress testing for both CPU and GPU (Prime95, Furmark) and ran the RAM diagnostic service that comes with Windows, sadly i couldnt see any problems.

Do you have any suggestions on how to further stabilize my system?

Thank you

Solution
Are you on DDR4-3200MHz using the X.M.P setting or did you manually key in the numbers for frequency, timings and voltages in BIOS? Would you be able to borrow a PSU that is more reputable/robust than what you currently own? I'd also ask you to try and breadboard the system to see if you're undergoing a grounding issue.
Nov 7, 2018
Thank you for your reply,
when i left the first message, i started a run of Memtest86 which made two and a half passes without any errors in about 5 hours.
@Lutfij I chose the value manually and did not find any options for X.M.P (i didnt actually look as deep into it because i thought it would only apply to intel) but i will double check it. Sadly i dont have a speaker or any other PSU at hand...

@drivinfast247 I only reached this temperature in synthetic testing, in games it never reached 70°C. My case ventilation is taken good care of but i have to rely on the stock cooler that came with the processor

EDIT: i happend to find the D.O.C.P option which changed the voltage of my RAM aswell as some other stuff, i guess this is the X.M.P equivalent of AMD, stressing the system now