Question PC crashes on shutdown/restart

Apr 3, 2019
Have just build a new intel PC today and am having some issues when it comes to shutting down. Whenever I click restart or shutdown, my PC crashes and freezes right before switching off. I can always see the windows shutdown animation for a few seconds before it abruptly crashes. This will always happen even when restarting during updates. My mouse and keyboard lights will go off too and the screen will go black, however the PC itself is still on with all the fans etc. I always have to press the power button in order to actually shut it down. Any way I can troubleshoot this as I have tried reinstalling to no avail. I am doing this from a windows USB i purchased and my system is running an 8th gen i5 on an MSI mobo. PC itself seems to be behaving once it is on, although I have not done much on it since the "realtek network controller was not found" error, which I also need to figure out soon. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated as I am worried it could somehow be a hardware problem. Thanks

Latest posts