PC crashes or freezes when playing games

Double0Seven

Reputable
Oct 1, 2014
Hi there everyone,
My pc is 1.5 years and it is currently having a bunch of problems when gaming. This is the PC: http://tweakers.net/gallery/524421#tab:wenslijst It also contains a hyperX evo cooler

Most problems started about half a year ago when I started to play FIFA 15. My PC meets all requirements exce[t GPU. I didn't thought this would be a problem, because I can play the game at 60 FPS on low settings and friends of mine with an even weaker GPU can play it just fine. My problem with FIFA 15 is that the game just randomly freezes and I can't alt tab nor close the game. What I have to do is press the reset button on my case to make it reboot. Skype/Youtube/Music continue playing when FIFA freezes. I once kept talking to my friends on skype for 3 hours while FIFA was freezing. Sometimes I am able to play FIFA just fine for days or weeks but sometimes it freezes after playing for 1 min or 1 hour. It really is random to me.
At first I thought it was only a FIFA problem because of my weak GPU but the next game that started to show issues is FM 15, the game also randomly freezes and Skype/Youtube continue to work. Same thing as FIFA but the game is less demanding.
My last game is League of Legends, this game just sometimes crashes with a BSOD. I have had BSOD system service exception, memory mangement error and one other that I can't remember.
I don't really play any other games as much as these ones(no time/getting mad that PC crashes that much).
So far I have tried:
Updating drivers
Cleaned up PC
Checked temps
Ran stresstests
Virus scan
Defrag hard drive
Used HDtune to see if hard drive had any errors
Memtest
Refreshed PC

Im using windows 8.1. Im really out of idea's and I hope someone can help me. I have already posted on some dutch computer forums and so far they haven't been able to help me for the past few months.

Matt Dobe

Reputable
Jan 20, 2015
Have you checked your event logs for any related issues?

press start button, in box type -> eventvwr -> press RETURN.

Expand Windows Logs
Click System

Now check through the logs and see if you can find any serious/critical/warning issues that match up with the time you crashed. Paste any info here.

Matt Dobe

Reputable
Jan 20, 2015
Doesn't really give much detail. Download WhoCrashed. Really good bit of software that analyses your Windows dump files and gives you an idea of what caused system crashes and BSODs.

Have you installed all your motherboard chip drivers off the CD? If you dont have it just google your motherboard and get them off their support website.

Matt Dobe

Reputable
Jan 20, 2015
I would run the all in one and no bother with the single ones.

Have you done a full format of your drive and a reinstall of windows yet? Might be worth a shot to be honest.

Could also try command line -> sfc /scannow

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Looks for any corrupted windows files and fixes them. And also CHKDSK /r on your C: drive to check for hard disk errors - http://www.w7forums.com/threads/how-to-use-chkdsk-check-disk.448/

Double0Seven

Reputable
Oct 1, 2014
Did all of this(except reinstall because I already did this) and after a week my pc started crashing again. BSOD memory mangement error while playing league of legends.
I got this from whocrashed

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Thu 12/03/2015 16:29:02 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\031215-31640-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1509A0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41201, 0xFFFFF6800004FA58, 0xC5C0000158371847, 0xFFFFE0005C486240)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.