Question Pc Crashes out of nowhere with a loud robotic type of buzzing noise of whatever is playing through speakers

Feb 12, 2021
So what happens is out of nowhere my pc crashes out of nowhere with a loud buzzing noise of whatever is playing, I've been having this problem for around 2 weeks now and when it crashes temps seem fine on everything, it mostly happens when I'm playing any type of game but can sometimes happen when I'm on chrome or something like that. I've tried reinstalling windows on a completely different drive, I got new ram, i ran memtest86, and also went in bios to configure my ram with multiple different setting just to see if it worked I set my dram voltage to 1.350, and Ram speed to 3200mhz with the xmp profile, I also tried putting it to 3000mhz, and also put everything to auto to see if that would work. I recently just replaced my PSU so I also don't think that its my PSU. All my drivers are up to date as well.
Specs:
GPU: XFX RX5700 XT
CPU: RYZEN 7 2700X
RAM: CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO RGB DDR4 32 GB 3200MHZ
MOTHERBOARD: ASROCK B450 STEEL LEGEND
PSU: GAMEMAX 850W 80+ GOLD CERTIFIED PSU

Sorry if I wasn't specific enough but if you need any more info let me know what you need and ill let you know, any help would be appreciated this has been a very annoying issue.

Edit: Today the same thing happened but i got a blue screen with it and i got an error code which was KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, Crashed again and got another error message which was PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Polypheme
I do not have another psu to see if thats the problem but i highly doubt its the psu
Why? This is a common symptom of a PSU failure, PSUs fail all the time, and this is not a particularly reputable seller of PSUs. It might not be the PSU, but you do not have sufficient information to reject that as a possibility, unless you've tried another PSU or you have a rather expensive testing equipment.

This is how you can summarily remove a PSU issue as a possibility.

Feb 12, 2021
Why? This is a common symptom of a PSU failure, PSUs fail all the time, and this is not a particularly reputable seller of PSUs. It might not be the PSU, but you do not have sufficient information to reject that as a possibility, unless you've tried another PSU or you have a rather expensive testing equipment.

This is how you can summarily remove a PSU issue as a possibility.

Ill go buy a psu and swap it out and see if it works, ill let you know how it works!

ASK THE COMMUNITY