[SOLVED] PC crashes randomly upon entering certain games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2019
Had this issue where upon entering the majority of my games my pc will crashes after about 15-20 seconds. Orignally this was coming up as Kernel-Power error 41 but I've fixed that, and now I'm getting DeviceManagement-Enterprise-Diagnostics-Provider error 454. After fixing the error 41, most of my games work again, its just the highest intensity games e.g. Rainbow Six Siege, that still crash. All of my drivers are up to date, I'm on the newest version of windows 10 I can be (1903, I updated after experiencing this issue to try to fix it), my drives aren't fragmented and my pc definitely isn't overheating. Apologies, im very new to PCs so don't know much info to give. Also sorry if this is in the wrong section

Solution
It may be worth cleaning the case and reapplying thermal paste and see if it helps.
Well when you're running nothing that load isn't being induced, therefore the CPU isn't overheating.

Part of the problem is it's not a guaranteed that leaving a 6100 over 70 degrees will cause a shutdown, but it is certain that leaving it at that temperature is not healthy for the CPU itself, so it also depends on how long it's been exposed to those temperatures.

It may be worth removing the side panel of the case and see if your CPU temperatures fall. If they do, you know cooling needs to improve.

In regards to your previous question Tctl just means T Control. But in AMD systems this often has a big offset applied to it to have a more proactive fan...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Error 41 is a reaction to a restart, its not the cause of a problem. When Windows restarts, it runs a report that checks if it was closed properly the previous time, if it finds it wasn't it creates event 41. Windows doesn't know why it restarted

What are details of the PC? What is a parts list? Did you make it?

Aug 31, 2019
Error 41 is a reaction to a restart, its not the cause of a problem. When Windows restarts, it runs a report that checks if it was closed properly the previous time, if it finds it wasn't it creates event 41. Windows doesn't know why it restarted

What are details of the PC? What is a parts list? Did you make it?
Yes I made the PC (about 2 years ago)
Parts are:
CPU-AMD FX 6100 Six-Core Processor 3.30 GHz
Graphics card-Nvidea GeForce GTX 1050 ti
Ram- 3x4 GB Crucial Ballistics Elite DDR3 ( I've had 3 sticks for a while before experiencing this so it isn't them not working as there are 3)
Mobo- ASUS 970 Pro gaming/Aura
Don't remember the make of the PSU.

What 'details of the PC' are you referring to?

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try to figure out what PSU you have as it could be it. Games are when PC under most load normally so it could be PSU can't cope and restarts

Try downloading this - https://www.hwinfo.com/download/ (1st box)
when it runs, click Shows sensors only checkbox and click run
in the next window, next to the clock icon in bottom right, click loggin start
this asks you to create a log file, so save it in documents with a name that means something to you, like date/time

run hwinfo in background while playing a game and let it record the scores, they might help us figure out cause
upload the log files to a file sharing website and show here, they open up in excel so I should be able to read them (there is way too much info in them)

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Hello my friend!

I've mapped your columns to an excel table here: https://pste.eu/p/j3mi.html

From what I can see:
  • Your disk drive activity is at 100% most of the time.
  • Your CPU max core usage is sitting at close to or at 100% all of the time.
  • From this your CPU looks like it is reaching up to 85 degrees at times which would explain shut downs.
I believe from the 6100 architecture, the CPU throttles itself prior to reaching 100% to try and regulate temps, the Tctl temperature usually has an offset applied to it for better fan/cooling regulation, so the Tctl column usually is inflated, however the CPU Package temperature is the CPU temperature obtained via the TSI interface, and this is reporting up to 86.5 degrees, and the CPU temp is marked up to 76 degrees.

The 6100 from my recollection is optimal at 60 degrees, or worst case below 70 degrees. Some degrees above 60 I would imagine to be fine, but once you start hitting 70, 75 + then you could easily experience problems and shutdowns.

it would likely also explain why the shutdown occurs after a little period of time.

Even if it may not be completely linked (but it certainly could be) the PSU quality is also very poor, which perhaps doesn't help the situation.

Aug 31, 2019
Cooler is just 3 fans for the majority of the pc and one small fan one the cpu.
Haven't done anything with thermal paste since I made it (I think about 2-3 years ago) but ive ordered some already .
Last time i cleaned it was around when the problem started, so around 28 august. I'd say it was fairly thorough, cleaned all the fans including on CPU and gpu, and cleared the surface dust of the insides.
Ambient temperature is about 20.5 degrees Celsius, but that might change (my temperature clock is still checking).
Also this might help, without running anything (other than msi overdrive to check temperature, WITHOUT overclocking) my cpu is around 23 degrees C.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
It may be worth cleaning the case and reapplying thermal paste and see if it helps.
Well when you're running nothing that load isn't being induced, therefore the CPU isn't overheating.

Part of the problem is it's not a guaranteed that leaving a 6100 over 70 degrees will cause a shutdown, but it is certain that leaving it at that temperature is not healthy for the CPU itself, so it also depends on how long it's been exposed to those temperatures.

It may be worth removing the side panel of the case and see if your CPU temperatures fall. If they do, you know cooling needs to improve.

In regards to your previous question Tctl just means T Control. But in AMD systems this often has a big offset applied to it to have a more proactive fan curve, which is why it's value can seem inflates in comparison to other temperatures.

Solution
Aug 31, 2019
I am glad to report that after getting new thermal paste and applying it (after cleaning old stuff off), my problem has been fixed. I thank you all for helping me. Just to repeat for anyone looking for a fix to this, REAPPLY THERMAL PASTE.

Status
Not open for further replies.