[SOLVED] PC crashes/shuts down and needs to be replugged

Jan 13, 2022
So ive been playing apex legends for a while but never was able to play it on high settings due to my cpu overheating , now that i fixed this problem by buying a very good cooler for it i thought i was able to run it on high settings but for some reasons my pc keeps crashing after like 40–60mins of playing the game (same happens when i play other games on high settings) my settup should be able to run it tho so neither the cpu nor the gpu is overheating. I thought it crashes due to my Power supply being deficiant but shouldnt be a 600W power supply enough?im playing on 120Hz (FPS) btw . it seems like i dont have the problem when i play on 60hz..

My setup:
Graphics card: Nvidia GTX 1080ti
Cpu : AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
RAM: 16GB
Power supply : Be quiet Pure Power 11 (600W)

I have a friend whos got almost the same setup and hes not having problems at all but hes sayin tht 600w could be a bit critical ( he got 650) but in all the videos i watched and the calculators i used they said like 400-500 should be enough...

Solution
600W is enough per se, but this PSU is multi-rail and has lower than total capacity per two 12V rails, so you're tripping it's protection with your high-end GPU. Try connecting the GPU with two cables from different 12V rails, i.e PCIe 1+3 or 2+4.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
So ive been playing apex legends for a while but never was able to play it on high settings due to my cpu overheating , now that i fixed this problem by buying a very good cooler for it i thought i was able to run it on high settings but for some reasons my pc keeps crashing after like 40–60mins of playing the game (same happens when i play other games on high settings) my settup should be able to run it tho so neither the cpu nor the gpu is overheating. I thought it crashes due to my Power supply being deficiant but shouldnt be a 600W power supply enough?im playing on 120Hz (FPS) btw . it seems like i dont have the problem when i play on 60hz..

My setup:
Graphics card: Nvidia GTX 1080ti
Cpu : AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
RAM: 16GB
Power supply : Be quiet Pure Power 11 (600W)

I have a friend whos got almost the same setup and hes not having problems at all but hes sayin tht 600w could be a bit critical ( he got 650) but in all the videos i watched and the calculators i used they said like 400-500 should be enough...
If your having to unplug the power supply from the wall to get the PC to turn back on then its tripping the power supply safety.

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
600W is enough per se, but this PSU is multi-rail and has lower than total capacity per two 12V rails, so you're tripping it's protection with your high-end GPU. Try connecting the GPU with two cables from different 12V rails, i.e PCIe 1+3 or 2+4.

Solution