Question Pc crashes soon after I sign in with black screen no signal

Jun 3, 2020
I was moving parts in and out of my case to try out another motherboard for a friend and when I finished that up I put all my parts back in. I missed placing the cpu and slightly bent 5 pins but I fixed that and they fit right into the socket no problem.

I sign in get to desktop home screen and as my start up programs start loading pc will crash and tv will display no signal. Mouse and keyboard lose power but pc is still on with the fans blowing a little faster than usual.

Same thing happens in safe mode but only I can’t get the windows sign in page to load before it crashes. This started happening when I was troubleshooting the problem above and uninstalled my graphics drivers while I was in safe mode. Also since uninstalling those drivers pc doesn’t have an option for sleep mode.

One thing I believe to Ben the problem is that I made a ton of changes my nvidia resolution settings and the GPU is just shutting off. Another thing is this has happened for 5-6 days now on the 3rd I was able to stay and use my pc like normal leaving it on for hours at a time and playing video games. I simply put it to sleep as it was loading the start up programs and when I woke it up it just worked.

I turned it by accident now I’m here asking for help.

Jun 3, 2020
Whw
Try doing a repair in windows?
I did it and it says Start Up Repair couldn’t repair your pc
It gave me a Log file C: Windows\System32\LogFiles\Srt\Srttrail.txt

I,ve tried low res mode boot that didn’t work as well
System restore bugged out and gave me an error code 0x8007007e

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2020
Is there a way to install or uninstall graphics drivers from the troubleshoot menu

I feel like if I can get safe mode to actually boot I can get in and change my nvidia settings back to default. I changed my screen size so that I don’t have turn my head to see the corners of the screen.

I feel like my settings may be causing these problems

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2020
Yeah I know which is why I’m confused because I uninstalled my graphics to my own fault but safe mode was affected somehow by that mistake. I was in safe mode during the first two days this black screen first appeared and never had to worry about a black screen.

Last edited: