[SOLVED] PC Crashes straight to black, after playing stressful games

Thejaxe

Commendable
Mar 31, 2020
hello there.

so, trying to put this simple here, I‘ve had this PC for 2 years, I built it myself, it has been working fine, until Mar 10, a few weeks ago. Ever sense, doing anything stressful (blender, the benchmarks I used to test this, (furmark, unigen) and any higher end games, DOOM 2016, and mainly Destiny 2) Have crashed straight to black, my monitor goes dark, And all usbs stop delivering power, some times the motherboard stays on, with the internal lights, and case power lights on.

doing less stressful games (Hl2, and indies like Isaac and slaythespire) work just fine for hours on end, while anything else crashes from between 20 minutes, to 2 hours.

i would love some help here, it has crashed outside of windows, in memtest86, but not recently, and memtest comes back fine with both sticks.

this is not a gpu problem (I thought so at first) as it still crashed on my apu. It is also not a psu problem, as I just got a brand new one, after this problem started, and it did not fix it.

In this quarantine, I really missed being able to play my games, so help is very very welcome.

MB MSI PCMATE B350
CPU RZYEN 3 2200G
GPU RX570 XFX
PSU (Currently) EVGA 550 (Going to put back in my COSAIR 450, and return the evga soon)
RAM 2X4GB G’SKILL
HDD Unsure, 2TB

(also, currently at this moment running a chkds /r on the hdd)

Thejaxe

Commendable
Mar 31, 2020
Update_001
The chkdsk was stopped, neighborhood power outage, now that it’s over I tried a few other plugs in my house, no change there, now running full chkdsk (10 hours...)

Thejaxe

Commendable
Mar 31, 2020
Update_003
I have tested the HDD now with seatools, came back fine.
running burnintest maxed out crashed.
now running Prime95 for a few hours.

I really, really, need help

Thejaxe

Commendable
Mar 31, 2020
The tests and crashes were with the corsair, but keep happening with the EVGA, so I do not believe they are the cause, prime95 crashed last night during my tests, so I think it;s the CPU

Corsair CX450 (CP-9020120)
EVGA 550 B5 220-B5-0550-V1

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Hmm, I can't speak to the quality of the B5, as the guide I use as a reference (first link in my sig) doesn't mention it. EVGA has some good models, and some bad ones. From the reference I use, the G2 and G3 were good, but the G5 is suspected not to be. The B2 is listed as good, I guess if they follow the same pattern, the B5 isn't - but don't hold me to that. I don't have any review to refer back to to prove it.

The CX450, while being a budget PSU, should be more than sufficient, if it's one of the 2017 generation - the earlier ones weren't considered as good. How old is your CX? I don't know if CP-9020120 specifically designates this as the 2017 redesign or not.

But, if it's not the PSU, I'm a little stumped. Maybe reseat everything (RAM, GPU, power connectors).

Or, possibly, try running tests using the integrated graphics rather than the RX570. As in, delete the card from device manager, shut down, and remove the card completely, then plug the monitor into the port for the integrated graphics.

I don't know if you can leave the drivers as is, or need to fully delete them using DDU, then re-installing the Adrenalin drivers, to switch from the RX570 to the integrated graphics of the 2200G, as I've never worked with Ryzen's integrated graphics.

Thejaxe

Commendable
Mar 31, 2020
The Corsair was bought early 2018, not sure if it was a 2017 model because of that fact, reseated ram before in all the tests i've done, as well as the GPU, I have ran tests without the gpu (Unplugged the power) But still led to crashes in the same ways and causes.

Currently using monitoring software (Speedfan, and HWMonitor) with some benching and stressing software, to test part by part the pc, to figure this out.

Thejaxe

Commendable
Mar 31, 2020
Got that, however, it might Have just died. The handy dandy ez debug light listed cpu, it kept turning off and on before it could post, at one point the ram and cpu lights were both on, it was stuck on “vga” even after pulling my video card out, now the power button does nothing.

Thejaxe

Commendable
Mar 31, 2020
So it kinda completely died yesterday. No lights no anything,.

So, after not doing anything (as in no sounds, no lights) on power on, after a whole night, it tries to post now, my ez debug lights say vga now, even after I plugged and unplugged my card (also, my RYZEN has integrated graphics, so both that and my video card would have to have gone out) so I’m resetting the cmos cause it’s all I can do, fairly certain it’s the motherboard