Question PC crashes to black screen while gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aleksandar_28

Reputable
Aug 5, 2017
Just like the title says my pc would just crash to black screen (monitor would even go to sleep) while I'm playing games while the keyboard and mouse lights are still on tho no input from them does anything. Weird thing is that it crashes always when I do stuff like open inventory or map or when I die (it happens the most in the witcher 3 and doom). The only way to fix it is to restart my pc.

Specs
CPU ryzen 5 2600
GPU radeon rx580
8gigs 2400mhz ram
gigabyte a320 mboard
600w PSU
Believe its worth mentioning that i have a pretty old LG monitor around 10ish years that would do something similar if i set the resolution higher then 1440x900
Love to try anything to fix this annoying af issue thanks!

RedMugs

Commendable
Apr 8, 2017
Additionally, are you sure you are not running out of RAM? What else is running while running these games? Do you have a way to monitor temps and usage while playing? I have the same GPU, I believe AMD has a built in overlay that will show you this

Aleksandar_28

Reputable
Aug 5, 2017
Additionally, are you sure you are not running out of RAM? What else is running while running these games? Do you have a way to monitor temps and usage while playing? I have the same GPU, I believe AMD has a built in overlay that will show you this
So the pc was prebuilt so I didn't choose the PSU and it doesn't say anywhere on it the brand (sketchy I know but it is what it is) and I don't have another to test. It stays around 70C and the ram around 6 gigs and I'm not running anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.