[SOLVED] PC crashes when ever its not overclocked.

liljeremy55

Commendable
Oct 7, 2018
Hey there, I recently went to remove my oc of 5ghz on my i7 7700k and as soon as I did my entire pc froze and I was forced to restart my entire pc. works fine when I turn the 5ghz oc back on. I've been trouble shooting since last night and I still havent been able to find any answer that can fix this. ive tried stripping it down to barebones ive tried all the different ram slots ive tried cleaning the pc to make sure there was no dust or debris causing issues. Im at a dead end here besides just straight up buying a new cpu/motherboard and I really dont got money for that right now

liljeremy55

Commendable
Oct 7, 2018
id say just leave it at 5ghz in the interest of keeping it working.

in bios, if you restore optimized (reseting BIOS) defaults it still freezes?

Yah thats legit what I was trying to do, as soon as its set to factory defaults it crashes within 5 mins of being turned on. tried removing the cmos battery as well.

Jun 4, 2021
Yah thats legit what I was trying to do, as soon as its set to factory defaults it crashes within 5 mins of being turned on. tried removing the cmos battery as well.
Does your motherboard have a Q flash where you can flash the MOBO with a usb without a cpu? If so I would maybe try to maybe grab a different version of BIOS and try again. With the cpu uninstalled. A new version of BIOS should reset the OC and hopefully allow you to run without one again.

TRENDING THREADS