Question pc crashes when gaming but not with stress tests.

Jun 30, 2020
i have....
b450 tomahawk mb
ryzen 5 3600
16gb memory
raedeon 5700

i keep running into the issue of games crashing after 10 -15 min of play. no matter the game. dota 2, rocket league, fotnite, cod. i ran a stress test on my cpu, gpu and memory with no issues (ran ryzen master stress test for cpu and memory and furmark for gpu). any ideas?? im thinking possibly a mb or power supply issue but you would think with the stress tests that would show the issue.

Jun 29, 2020
Hi, I'd like to know whether your PC is full out crashing or getting the same issue I have (under load while gaming causes dwm.exe to crash and display goes blank but PC is still running and sound works. Restarting video drivers doesn't fix the issue whatsoever, I've heard this is usually points to an issue with the PSU, I've yet to replace mine to make sure but that's my next step and I will let you know what happens.

I'm mainly wondering because I've seen a lot of reddit posts about my issue and a lot of the posts seem to be within the past week so this may be a broader issue with Windows.

Jun 30, 2020
Hi, I'd like to know whether your PC is full out crashing or getting the same issue I have (under load while gaming causes dwm.exe to crash and display goes blank but PC is still running and sound works. Restarting video drivers doesn't fix the issue whatsoever, I've heard this is usually points to an issue with the PSU, I've yet to replace mine to make sure but that's my next step and I will let you know what happens.

I'm mainly wondering because I've seen a lot of reddit posts about my issue and a lot of the posts seem to be within the past week so this may be a broader issue with Windows.

sometimes it does exactly the same as your describing but others it just crashes back to the boot up screen, sometimes it just closes the game... all random.